There's a Ratchet & Clank Movie Firing onto the Big Screen in 2015

No, really

We’ve been known to take a cynical tone when it comes to video game movies, but this one appears to be actually happening. Insomniac Games has taken to the PlayStation Blog to confirm that the Ratchet & Clank Movie is set to guffaw its way into theatres in 2015. Even more incredibly, it actually looks like it could be pretty good.

The second party Burbank-based studio is working with Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment to bring the popular platformer to the silver screen. The developer is also closely involved with the project, working on the screenplay, character development, and animation. Meanwhile, writer T. J. Fixman – who also worked on the recent games – is penning the script.

We’re pretty impressed with the teaser trailer embedded below. It definitely captures the spirit of the games, which gives us plenty of hope for the full flick. We’re confident that the film will be accompanied by a full PlayStation 4 title, too. You never know, this could actually blow up. The potential’s definitely there.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Wow, did not expect that. Does anyone else feel like this could actually be huge?

Epic

Epic said:

@get2sammyb
ME considering my favorite game on the PS3 is Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time and the unique dialog in the game
I wonder if Mr. Zurkon is going to make an appearance in the movie?

Splat

Splat said:

I think it's just about the most perfect game(s) to make a movie of. The cutscenes have always been great with a great group of characters and voice work. I could see it getting the attention of gamers and non gamers alike.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Trailer looked better than I hoped, my first thought was Rob Schneider as the voice of Clank. shudder

The Incredibles was a really good movie - Quark reminds me physically of Mr. Incredible - so yeah this could be good if they keep them in character. And for the love of god no fart jokes.

GRIFFEN14

GRIFFEN14 said:

Must say I'm pretty excited for this. It has great potential to actually be pretty good. I hope it really does well and Ratchet & Clank become an even bigger franchise.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

The games were always well written, well acted and oozing in design quality. All the ingredients are already there for it to work as a movie...it would take more effort to screw it up than it would to get it right.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

My one problem with this - and the series overall - is I have always though Ratchet and Clank just aren't memorable enough characters for a game, let alone a film. The games are good, well voice acted and scripted, just the characters let it down. Judging by some people's excitement though I may be on my own in that thought.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Brb, some crazy guy is running down the street screaming about a Ratchet & Clank Movie.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

This will be fantastic, I can feel it! And I really hope we get a ps4 game like ToD or CiT

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

What's the likelihood that the potential ratchet and clank game based on the movie will be the hands-down worst one? You know...since it's a game based on a movie...

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

That was pretty funny. It certainly has potential.

I always thought that the Mass Effect Series is the one that should be made into a film (or trilogy) though.

KAPADO

KAPADO said:

Can't wait . So why not use the most recent Ratchet character look ...from a Crack in time ,I love that game.