Sly Cooper Collection Staging a Crime Spree on PlayStation Vita

Daylight robbery

It looks like Jak & Daxter won’t be the only platforming partners plotting a path onto the PlayStation Vita, as the ESRB has awarded an ‘E-10’ rating to the Sly Cooper Collection for Sony’s flagship handheld. The North American ratings board doesn’t make a habit out of classifying content that doesn’t exist, so it’s probably safe for you to assume that this is ‘legit’ unless that we learn otherwise.

Originally released for the PlayStation 3 in 2010, the Sly Cooper Collection collates all three of the titular tea leaf’s PlayStation 2-era escapades, and enhances them with a fresh lick of paint. We get the distinct impression that Sony’s going to be rolling out the remainder of its Classics HD line for the Vita. The question is: are you willing to pay for the compilations again? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via esrb.org, computerandvideogames.com]

Epic

Epic said:

At this rate in few days we will know something of Ratchet and Clank Collection for Vita.
I already have the PS3 version of this one and must admit is fantastic anyone that never played the originals should buy it immediatly or get the PS3 version is at 15-20$ on amazon so there's excuses to miss this one.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Actually it was rated E-10, not E. Interestingly enough it content is also different than the PS3 version of the sly collection. The PS3 was E-10 for mild violence and comic mischief. The vita version was rated E-10 for cartoon violence, alcohol reference, and use of tobacco.

irken004

irken004 said:

I'm burnt out on Sly games. Now a Killzone Collection on vita may be a different story ;)

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@Epic The bar had Lemonade. Muggshots uses a cigar right. So that's where the tobacco came from. Still trying to think of where the alcohol was. Hey, in Sly 2, in the intro for the Contessa's level, didn't they say something about her poisening her husband's drink. I think that's where it is.

Splat

Splat said:

@Epic - Yeah, I missed out during the PS2 days and picked up The Sly Collection for like $17 off Amazon. It was a freaking steal at that price.

JayArr

JayArr said:

Alcohol is in the end cinematic for Sly 2. (spoiler free)

Love these games. n__n

hydeks

hydeks said:

Neat! My Sly Collection is scratched and won't work anymore :( But hearing about this, maybe I'll get the Vita version :)

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I never actually bought the Sly Collection for PS3, since I bought Thieves in Time for Vita I'll just wait for this release so I have all the games on the same system.

brendon987

brendon987 said:

Sly "Thieves in Time", was my first and only sly game I played so far. I love it. Cannot wait for the collection for the Vita.

Itachi

Itachi said:

Collections are a great idea for the Vita and should help it sell more. J & D, and Sly Cooper were two great series and it's nice to see them reborn again. I don't own a Vita but a couple more collections and I just might grab one up.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Don't much care about Sly or Jak, but if this is to become a trend, I'll be all over Shadow of the Colossus!

AG_Awesome

AG_Awesome said:

I bought every HD collection released so far and I will buy them all on the Vita when they are re-released BUT only once they hit 20. I cant afford to do them again at 40.