Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within Spooking PS3 and PS4 Next Year

Don't worry, it's just tomato sauce

Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami is returning to his roots on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 next year with The Evil Within. The title – which publisher Bethesda has been teasing for the past couple of days – was revealed on IGN mere moments ago, alongside a genuinely haunting live action trailer which is not for the faint-hearted.

“We’re incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” Mikami said. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

The trailer shows a shaking man assembling some kind of contraption out of barbed wire. It ends with the image of a figure with a safe on his head exploding into a mess of bloody tentacles. Unsurprisingly, it’s absolutely horrific. If you’re not eating, point your peepers through here to watch the full thing, and let us know what you think in the comments section below.

[via uk.ign.com]

Related Games

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Will be getting the exact same game - just 10% or less pretty - on the PS3 thank you very much.

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

Meh. Nothing to get excited about there. I'll wait until there's something more tangible. Given recent Japanese "horror" output, I won't get my hopes up just yet.

@Paranoimia But it's Shinji Mikami... He's pretty much the God of the genre. I agree that this was just a 'mood piece', though. Hopefully, the final product maintains the same 'feel'.

Epic

Epic said:

Well thanks for the trailer now I might not be able to sleep xD

Splat

Splat said:

Wicked trailer... I can't wait to see some actually gameplay footage.