People in Canada Are Still Talking About the PlayStation Network Hack

Those affected can claim a free game

Remember when the PlayStation Network got hacked? It was a big deal for about two months, and then everyone just sort of forgot about it. Well, everyone except the fine folks in Canada, to be precise. It turns out that a group of loyal crusaders from the land of Maple Syrup have spent the past couple of years paying lawyers’ expensive salaries in order to get justice for the data breach. Their reward: a free game, theme, or discount on PlayStation Plus.

But they were fighting for your cause, too. If you’re from Canada and had an active PSN, Qriocity, or Sony Online Entertainment account at the time of the hack, you’re totally entitled to claim. All you need to do is fill out this simple form to earn your ‘rewards’. In addition to any of the abovementioned goodies, you can also get the contents of your wallet reimbursed and claim a free month of Music Unlimited. Don’t worry if you already took advantage of the ‘Welcome Back’ promotion – you’re still eligible to participate.

Somehow, though, we doubt that this will put to bed the ongoing saga of the PSN hack. We fully expect to be reporting on further claim settlements in 2018.

[via psn-soe-canadasettlement.com, joystiq.com]

Epic

Epic said:

Some of my friends even are happy because all this after being rewarded with the free games still don't understand so well the issue got my PS3 few years after that.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

It was a sad dark time in the world...that scored me dead nation, wipeout 2048 and infamous as part of sony's 'sorry we let bad men have your details' package.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I'm from Canada and I haven't cared or talked about the PSN outage since it happened, so this group of people are really weird to me. Didn't this happen like 2 years ago? Move on...geesh.

@hydeks To be fair, class action lawsuits take a long time so that's probably why this has dragged out. I'm susprised anyone could be bothered to pursue this for so long, though!

hydeks

hydeks said:

@get2sammyb yay, your right, and I think that's what shocks me most too. Honestly, I've completely forgotten by now about the hack until you posted this article lol

spyro202

spyro202 said:

@hydeks I'm with you on this one! I am from Quebec,Canada and I was never angry against Sony!(the only thing that matters me is the playstation plus free game we get in NA...crappy...) But beside that my PS3 is the console that is almost always on at my home! I love you Sony thank you so much!

rjejr

rjejr said:

Maybe its a bunch of PSPgo owners ;-)

As bad as Vita is doing at least it wasnt wiped from historical memory like in an episode of Star Trek.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@KALofKRYPTON - I think PSPgo owners would say "nightmare".

I'm not one, but man did that thing disappear quick. At least here in the states. Maybe they all bought one in Japan and haven't bought Vita's b/c they're mad it went back to physical media ;-)