Dragon Fantasy Spins a Yarn on PS3 and Vita This Month

It's getting hot in here

While you may already know that Muteki Corporation’s gorgeous retro role-playing homage Dragon Fantasy: Book II is exploring the PlayStation 3 and Vita sometime this year, you may not know that its predecessor is also making the jump later this month. Series creator Adam Rippon confirmed the news in an interview with Destructoid, and the studio has since followed up with a full trailer of the port.

Apparently, the team decided to remake the original Dragon Fantasy while it was beavering away on the title’s sequel – and added in a few new features along the way. In addition to cross-buy and cross-save support, the re-release will also boast a new 16-bit visual skin, but you’ll be able to switch back to the original graphics if you prefer. The title will set you back around $9.99. Check out the footage embedded below, and let us know if you’re interested in the comments section.

[via destructoid.com]

Related Games

neumaus

neumaus said:

I might get it, but I'll need to see a review or at least know how long it's gonna be.

naruball

naruball said:

@Stuffgamer1

Yup. Not all JRPG style games are the same or should cost the same. For example, Nino Kuni is well worth the $60 price tag (same for Final Fantasy games which cost a ton of money to produce). Based on the trailer, we have yet another indie game which doesn't have much of a budget (to be expected) and goes for jokes to compensate for (or to hide) its lack of graphics and good voice acting. It's very typical of indie games and it's all good, but I'm kinda getting tired of them using silly concepts and I believe it should cost around $5-7 max.
For example the binding of Isaac on steam is appropriately priced.

rjejr

rjejr said:

As much as I've enjoyed these games in the past I dont think I can do it anymore. Rainbow Moon is about as retro graphically as I can get.

That music is awesome though.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@naruball I've played through the entire Dragon Fantasy collection - the original comes with several 'chapters' - and I can tell you that these games are most definitely worth the $10 asking price.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I'll need to find a review of this one too. Very interested. I love the graphics actually. What I need to make sure of is that the mechanics and gameplay are enjoyable. Wonder how many trophies it has.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Sanquine

Come on now, I like FPS and don't care at all for JRPGs but I don't like seeing the latter struggle. The industry does not benefit in any way from any genre sucking.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Here I thought they were just being funny with Dragon Fantasy "Book II", but there really is a "Book I"? Ha!

Anyway, my interest dropped to zero when I saw the fight screens were Dragon Quest style (can't see your characters). I can't stands it!!!

brendon987

brendon987 said:

This is probably an amazing game, but I can never handle playing games with retro graphics 8-16 bits.