Beyond: Two Souls' Box Art Lets Out a Long Sigh

Makes a change from big guns

We’ve all had the occasional bad day, but they’re a regular occurrence for Beyond: Two Souls protagonist Jodie Holmes. Spiritually linked to an on-off psychopath, the character finds herself pursued by the government and living rough on the streets. No wonder she’s looking extremely gloomy on the title’s pack shot.

“We worked together with the team at Quantic Dream to choose an image that we felt was both cinematic and in keeping with the emotional journey that the final game will take you on,” explained associate product marketing manager Derek Osgood. “We hope that you like it.”

Sony will be showing parts of the game during the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City next weekend. In addition to the screening, the platform holder will host a panel featuring director David Cage and actress Ellen Page. The entire event will be live streamed on the PlayStation Blog, so keep your eyes peeled for additional information.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

It is interesting to see a game promote the actors on the cover, more like a movie poster. Time will tell if it pays off, if this game delivers on its potential and sells well, I would expect to see a lot more of this in the future.

In any case I am VERY excited about this game. Is the 8th Oct 2013 release date solid?

Splat

Splat said:

Look's great I can't wait. I rarely buy games at full price but I all ready have The Last of Us pre-ordered and plan on doing the same for Beyond.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I need this and The Last of Us. Once they're in my possession, my life will become 100,000,000x more enjoyable.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@SilentJ: That's because it's not 3D compatible. I doubt they COULD run the game in 3D with how much of the system's power they're using just to make it look this good. Trade-offs are sometimes necessary...and I think this one is worth it.

So far as I know, this is the first video game to advertise actors on the front cover like that. It looks REALLY weird...but I suppose it fits with what the developers are trying to do.

Superconsole

Superconsole said:

I think the box art looks excellent, so refreshing and cinematic next to all those men brandishing guns :P Can't wait for its release!!

LordBagardo

LordBagardo said:

Personally, I think this and the hordes of gunslinging ape-men are just as bad as each other.