This Is What Kratos Sounds Like in His Native Tongue

Realistic raging

Kratos tends to talk with an American accent most of the time – but he is a Greek warrior by trade. This brand new God of War: Ascension trailer shows the character shouting in his natural lingo. We can’t understand a word of what he’s saying, but we’re guessing that it involves particularly nasty things about the Gods. You can read our review of the game through here.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

Yeah, if the demo is anything to go by the game actually has a greek mode selectable as soon as you start playing, along with the option of your system's default language.

belmont

belmont said:

I am from Greece and I think that the dub is pretty cool.

Doesn't say anything special though:
Kratos: "My home, whatever I loved is gone, the only thing remained is sorrow",
Woman: "Hello Kratos",
Words in the Screen: "Be afraid of the man that has nothing to lose",
Man: "You don't have to trust me Spartian, just try",
Soldier: "Come back to the army my general",
Man: "You will need this in the road ahead of you",
Kratos: "And what is this road?" ,
Woman: "You will come back"

rjejr

rjejr said:

Is Jai Michael White the NA Ktatos? I saw Spawn the other day - possubly the worst movie I've ever seen - and it sure sounded like him.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@rjejr T.C. Carson is Kratos' VA. He's that smart black guy from Living Single.

Spawn is a good movie, sure it could have been better, but it was good.

naruball

naruball said:

I'm Greek too and though I do appreciate the fact that they bothered including modern Greek voice acting, it's, nonetheless pretty terrible. Kratos in particular sounds completely fake. Oh well. Can't blame them really

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

@belmont Is that a literal Greek - English translation that doesn't come out sounding right (like direct Chinese - English) or just a really badly translated dub? i.e. does it make more grammatical sense when you actually read it in Greek?

belmont

belmont said:

@RaymanFan2 Yes it is direct translation and makes perfect sense in Greek. Sorry for that I didn't really give it much thought. For example "road" could mean a path in life. Also the sentences are not connected in the trailer, they are just speaking randomly in various scenes, it is not a dialogue.