The Walking Dead: Episode One Stumbles onto Your PS3 for Free

No excuse not to enjoy the undead adventure now

In a move that’s absolutely not intended to rain on the parade of upcoming first-person shooter The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, award-winning developer Telltale Games has announced an enormous sale for its own episodic The Walking Dead adventure on the PlayStation Network.

Starting from tomorrow in Europe until 3rd April, you’ll be able to download the first episode of the five-part series for free from the PlayStation Network. You’ll then be able to buy the full season pass at a reduced price of £11.99, with PlayStation Plus subscribers landing an extra 25 per cent off. If you’d prefer to buy subsequent episodes individually, premium members will also secure a 50 per cent saving on each instalment.

We absolutely adored Telltale’s adaptation of Robert Kirkman’s comic in our review, describing it as a “phenomenal title”. If you haven't already played the game, you know what you need to do.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Splat

Splat said:

Smart move on Telltale's part getting people hooked on the first episode. I can't wait for season 2. Telltale is going to have their work cut out for them the expectations for season 2 are going to be through the roof.

@Splat I also think the timing's really smart. I've no idea whether Activision intends to market The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct much, but if it does, casual consumers looking for "The Walking Dead game" may find themselves inclined to download the "free" one.

Splat

Splat said:

@get2sammyb - True.

I'm a fan of all things TWD so I really want the Activision version to me good but everything I have seen looks liked a rushed money grab.

JayArr

JayArr said:

Anyone who hasn't played Telltale's - The Walking Dead NEEDS TO PLAY THIS GAME NOW!. Whether you watch the show, read the comic, or not. Brilliant game.

As far as Activision's TWD : Survival Instinct.......the game looks like hot garbage. Here we are on release day and you can't find one review or any hype whatsoever. It's like Activision is trying to delay as long as possible word leaking out about how bad it is so they can milk impulse buyers.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

US already got episodes 1 and 2 for free at one point. I just got around to playing them and I'm kicking myself for missing the season pass sale now. I'm stuck waiting until the next round of sales to finish it :(

jer18

jer18 said:

Nathanuc1988 is right.. 1 and 2 were free in US and quite enjoyable. I still have the farm episode stuck in my head.. haha.. intense.