SEGA Counting Down to New PlayStation 3 and Vita Announcement

Guesses on the back of a postcard, please

SEGA has launched a new Japanese teaser website for an impending PlayStation 3 and Vita project, but additional details are being kept under wraps. The page – which features some kind of dust effect – hints that all will be revealed on 28th March. Why do we have to wait so long?

Unsurprisingly, speculation regarding the secretive project is rife. The most common suggestions point to new entries in the Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles franchises. The former seems unlikely, however, seeing as creator Toshihiro Nagoshi recently hinted that the next entry in his gangster series would be on the PlayStation 4.

We’re stumped. Let us know what you think the game could be in the comments section below.

[via sega.jp, uk.ign.com]

hydeks

hydeks said:

@nathanuc1988 Lost Planet is from Capcom

I think it's the Sonic announcement we've been waiting for :P If it's not that, probably a Yakuza game, really hoping for Sonic though.

It can't be Bayonetta 2 because it's a Wii U exclusive, and it saids it's for PS3 and Vita :P

rjejr

rjejr said:

What, no comments about putting out a new game on a dead system? Why all the mystery about a PS3 game when the PS4 is coming out soon, just announce the bloody thing already?

Having just recently finished playing both Vanquish and Binary Domain I'm hoping for something along those lines. Though I suppose something new along those lines would be headed to the PS4.

hamispink

hamispink said:

@rjejr The PS3 isn't a dead system. We are still more than half a year away from the PS4, plus Sony has a good track record for supporting its old systems(for better or worse) unlike Nintendo and Microsoft who kill tend to kill their old consoles before the next one is even released.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

I just KNEW that my all-time favorite company would one day give my Vita some legit lovin. I'm ready for blast processin! I'm ready for the next level! I'm ready to do what Nintendont! SEGAAAA!!!

I can 197% guarantee you this ain't a Sonic game. Cuz Sonic is one thing that NintenDO. I'm seriously hoping, like veins bulgin out of my forehead hoping, that this has somethin to do with that Hardlight Studios Vita game that's been in limbo for a while.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

It looks like the website has sparkly ash piling up on what may be a bed of grass. I don't know enough about Sega's IPs to make an educated guess about this though.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

I'd be more than happy with Sonic Generations for Vita over a new Sonic game.

I'd go with Phantasy Star as a guess for this joint announcement though.

Cirno

Cirno said:

Sonic Adventure 3 pls.

But seriously, it will probably be Yakuza or Valkyria Chronicles or some other thing like that.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

@charlesnarles Um I hope you're referring to Vita's PSN because there are already six Dreamcast games available on PS3's PSN and only 1 on Vita (Jet Set Radio). plus I highly doubt this bigof an announcement will just be a bunch of re-releases. A new Sonic game? Probabaly. A new Yazuka? Maybe. New Valkyria Chronicles? Possibly. Dreamcast ports? Um... no.

It can't be Yakuza because Nagoshi has already said that the series is going next gen. It could always be something new...

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

The only things I could possibly imagine wanting from SEGA are...

Shenmue 3
Shenmue HD collection (should include "What's Shenmue?" demo) (eShop/PSN)
Skies of Arcadia Legends HD+ (eShop/PSN release)
Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder (arcade game with no console release. eShop/PSN release multiplayer intact.)
Crusader of Centy (eShop/PSN release)
Valkyria Chronicles 2 (full game and DLC Vita compatibility)
Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP/Vita release)
Valkyria Chronicles 4 for major consoles with local co-op campaign, and competitive mode.
Maybe a new game in the "Feel the Magic" series? That was hilarious stuff.

I'm having trouble thinking of anymore SEGA IP that I'd like to see.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

If you look at the site now, it's growing a planet or moon or something. Resonance of Fate?