Rumour: Final Fantasy X-2 HD Is Also Coming to PlayStation 3 and Vita

You'll have to buy them separately on the handheld, though

Those of you that like to indulge in a little dress up may be delighted to learn that Final Fantasy X-2 could be coming to the PlayStation 3 and Vita. Gematsu reports that alongside the oft delayed HD port of Final Fantasy X, a re-mastered version of its sequel may also be strutting onto the aforementioned Sony systems.

The site notes that you’ll be able to get both titles on a single Blu-ray for PS3, while you’ll be forced to purchase them separately for Vita. Each instalment will supposedly include its respective International Edition, with a release planned for later this year. We suppose that would help to explain the delay a little bit.

Still, the origins of this rumour are a little shaky. According to Gematsu, the news comes courtesy of an upcoming issue of Japanese publication Jump. We’d recommend waiting for a more official confirmation before you get too excited.

[via gematsu.com]

Related Games

rjejr

rjejr said:

FF X-2 is one of the worst games I've ever played and pretty much single handedly ended my love affair w/ the FF series. I own every main FF game except this, 11 and 13. Oh yeah, and 13-2, almost forgot about that 1. I almost wouldn't buy FF X if this was going to be on the same disc. If they want to do another 2 game compilation how about Dark Cloud 1 and 2? The first game was mostly just a tech demo for the PS2 but the 2nd was a good game. I never beat the final boss in 2 so I'ld have a legitimate excuse to play thru them both again ;-)

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

well as i already have them on PS2 i think i'll get the PSVita versions so i can play them on the go like i can with all the other Final Fantasy's 1 to 9

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@rjejr: As good as a Dark Cloud Collection sounds, that has nothing to do with Square-Enix. You'll need to pester Sony/Level-5 for that one. :P

I called this some months ago, actually...there was just no other good excuse for the long delay. Of course, since this IS Squenix, there was no guarantee they HAD a good excuse...but I'm glad to see they did. :D

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I can dig it. The vita titles will certainly be cheaper than the blu ray so buying them separately is no big deal. I'll start with X on vita and pick up X2 later.

odd69

odd69 said:

I didn't like this final fantasy, and i like almost everyone that has ever been made including the off series,crystal chronicles,bearers and even the stragedy titles. I just want to mention that i hate hate hate plain ole stragedy games. So yea im not fond of this one.

I loved the battle system. I guess thats cool but not enough to purchase again since i own the ps2 version.

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

I haven't play either these games but as a Final Fantasy fan I'm certainly going to pick these games up. Plus a female Cloud? I can't pass that up.

pikku

pikku said:

I'll probably pick this up on the PS3 as long as it's no more than 39.99.

Unless the Vita versions are going to be cheaper since they're seperate, which I doubt. ( I still need to get a Vita, lol)

3Above

3Above said:

Im already feeling the spoiling effects of Sony's Cross-buy initiative. I feel a little funny about buying the PS3 version and not getting the Vita version free lol. SPOILED ROTTEN!

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

It makes sense since X and X-2 probably run on the same engine. If you're going to rebuild the engine for X, might as well port X-2 as well. I've never played either so I'm looking forward to both (even if I hear X-2 is a bit silly). DON'T CARE; HAS FINAL FANTASY.