PlayStation Plus Subscribers Secure Complimentary Entry into The Cave

Tekken 6 and lots of discounts also up for grabs

North American PlayStation Plus members may need to dig out their hardhats and fluorescent tabards, as this week’s update grants you free access to The Cave. The quirky Double Fine-developed platformer-cum-adventure game sees you fill the steel-toe cap boots of seven different archetypes, as you explore an enormous anthropomorphic chasm. We rather enjoyed it in our review.

Also up for grabs this week is a free copy of Tekken 6 for the PlayStation Portable (also compatible with the Vita), as well as discounts on the PS3 and Vita versions of Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken. Finally, subscribers will be able to purchase the Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Course and Character Pack at the reduced price of $8.99. The add-on includes three new characters (including Gravity Rush’s loveable Kat), in addition to a slew of fresh courses.

You can peruse the full rundown on the PlayStation Blog. As always, let us know if you’re satisfied in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Splat

Splat said:

Is The Cave a puzzle fest? I like platformers but I'm not really a fan of puzzle games.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Splat About 3% platforming, 97% puzzles. I'm a HUGE platform fan - as are my kids - and we had no use for this.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Tekken always reminds me of pizzerias and beer. And disco bowling. I'm excited to see Mokugen again. It's $40 if you're not a Plussian.

BlueProxy

BlueProxy said:

Demo was so-so. It could actually be worth playing, but you have to really like the challenge of solving detailed puzzles. Trine handles this type of game-play much better in my opinion.

JayArr

JayArr said:

Perfect PS+ game. Always been interested in it but never could talk myself into spending money on it.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

I tried the demo for the cave... The amount of fetching, carrying and back tracking needed to solve the puzzle/s in the demo irritated me....might try the full game since its free but...meh overall

bauckster

bauckster said:

Personally, I'm excited about the Cave. I probably wouldn't spend a full $15 on it. But for free? ....HECK YA!!