Lone Survivor Finds Sanctuary on PlayStation 3 and Vita This July

Survival horror title will launch with exclusive content

Critically acclaimed indie hit Lone Survivor will spook the PlayStation Network in July, developer Jasper Byrne has confirmed. The upcoming PlayStation 3 and Vita port – in production at Explodemon! developer Curve Studios – was officially announced last year, but now has a summer release window attached to it.

The title will take advantage of cross-buy and cross-save, and will boast a slew of new content exclusive to the PlayStation release. “[The game] will feature 19 new items, new dialogue with all NPCs, two extensive new side quests, and a brand new ‘Yellow’ ending, featuring an exclusive piece of music,” Byrne wrote on the PlayStation Blog. “We are also investigating touch control for movement and inventory use. This version really will be enhanced in every way.”

Sony’s systems are becoming quite the haven for indie hits, with Hotline Miami, Thomas Was Alone, and Frozen Synapse: Tactics all making their way onto the PSN this year. You can check out a trailer for Lone Survivor in the space below. Is this something that you’re interested in? Let us know in the comments section.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Related Games

There's some incredible music in that trailer. Really excited by this indie game movement on PSN. Long may it continue on PS4.

@ThatOneBlackGuy It seems to be a mutual thing. I really get the feeling that Sony gives these kind of guys the time of day, which is why they're agreeing to bring their games across.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@get2sammyb Sony has always been the type of company that gives even the little guy a chance to shine, and it seems to be working in their favor.

bauckster

bauckster said:

Love this game! Totally worth playing if you haven't. Since I have already played it on Steam, though, I'm not sure I'll be enticed to get it on PSN, (unless we get it free on plus of course!)

Sony + good indie games = AWESOMENESS!

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

Can't really say indie games do much for me, generally speaking. Most tend to go for this retro 8-bit look, and to be honest, I'm sick of it.

Having been a gamer for about 35 years now, I grew up with every game looking like this and longing for the days when graphics would be much better, so this "style" holds no charm for me at all; I just think "why bother?"

I'm not a graphics whore. I know pretty graphics alone don't make for a good game... but given advances in technology, I at least like a game to look like it's making an effort.

As for this game in particular, I don't see where "horror" is going to come into it with these graphics and text dialogue.