Capcom Finds Lost Planet 3's Box Art and Release Date

Sequel stumbling onto PlayStation 3 in June

Lost Planet 3 will send a shiver down your spine on 25th June in North America and 28th June in Europe. The chilly Spark Unlimited developed sequel is set before the events of the first game, despite it being a numbered entry. The title will plop you inside the ice boots of Jim Peyton, a colonist who is helping to mine the planet of E.D.N. III for important minerals. The release is aiming to tell a more personal tale than its predecessors, as evidenced by the trailer embedded below.

As with any other big game, you’ll be able to scoop a slew of pre-order bonuses by registering your interest in the title early. Both Amazon and Best Buy are giving away weapon upgrades, but GameStop arguably has the best goodie in the form of a costume based on Resident Evil favourite Hunk.

We got our hands on Lost Planet 3 late last year and were pleasantly surprised by the mix of third-person gunplay and first-person mech action. Let us know if you’re excited for the title in the comments section.

[via capcom-unity.com]

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

This game look pretty sweet. It will probably be rated T as well so thats a big plus for me. I will definitely be keeping my on this one. I will wait for reviews before I buy it though.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

No sign of E.X. Trooper still though :( Looks infinitely better than this (which admittedly does look tasty).

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

@rastamadeus E.X. Troopers was developed by Hexa Drive, creators of 3rd Birthday(Parasite Eve 3) =)). So you can play 3rd Birthday instead of it. Core gameplay is the same.... =))). The most cool thing in E.X. Troopers is music in online lobby =)... it is full of happinies and rainbows =). It's hard to catch from Youtue, but you can try.

Starts from 40th sec =)

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

This new trailer makes the story look a bit like Dances With Wolves In Space.

I'm really surprised that I'm actually looking forward to the release of a shooter(other then Half-Life 3). I just hope it doesn't flop.

Azikira

Azikira said:

HUNK YOU SAY?
AND I THOUGHT I COULDN'T LOVE LOST PLANET ANY MORE THEN I ALREADY DO!! 83 -Snugglifies his giant plush Sir Om Nom Nom-

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

I kinda forgot about this game. Looking forward to it as I really liked the coop in LP2.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Oh no, an "environment" story? That's disappointing. I'm really looking forward to this game, but that new angle has certainly tarnished my enthusiasm.

;_;

Knux

Knux said:

Is the Lost Planet series honestly any good? I have heard mixed things about those games...

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@Knux I've played the first one and its ok. I enjoyed it but there's not much special about so it's somewhat mediocre, but LP3 looks like a pretty big step up for the series.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I really enjoyed 2, it had some pretty interesting levels and creatures. Hopefully 3 doesn't ruin LP for me.