Battlefield 4 Artwork Braves a Torrential Downpour

A soggy glance at DICE's upcoming shooter

Embedded above is your very first look at Battlefield 4 ahead of its full reveal at GDC next week. The image – uncovered by seasoned snoops All Games Beta – looks remarkably similar to Battlefield 3 artwork, but the big four in the centre of the shot suggests that this is definitely for the game’s sequel. We’re glad that’s cleared up.

Battlefield 4 is set to deploy on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 later this year, though exact dates are still unclear. EA executive Blake Jorgensen recently described the game as “stunning” on Sony’s next generation machine. “I've seen the new Battlefield [on PS4] and it is stunning,” he said. “It’s just amazing what the imagination of the game developers are allowed to do with that much power."

Are you looking forward to the new Battlefield game, or are you tired of the franchise? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via allgamesbeta.com]

Related Games

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Bought Battlefield 3 the other day and I'm really unimpressed. It's just so boring. FPS' aren't my thing but I've really enjoyed playing Special Ops, Survival and Chaos on the last two Modern Warfare games (story and multiplayer I don't even touch) and was lead to believe this was a superior game. So far it isn't and I get the impression 4 is just going to be more of the same.

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

Aaaaand Battlefield Bad Company 2 will probably still be better than this one.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Out of interest to any FPS fans, are their any games with splitscreen multiplayer like Special Ops and Survival in MW2/3? I really enjoy doing them with my mate. Already have Borderlands 2 and Black Ops, but have to admit Zombie Mode is the worst thing I have ever played in my entire life.

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

Far cry 3 has a whole separate 8 hour Co OP campaign. I have not played it, but i hear it is fun.

Skater_Ricky

Skater_Ricky said:

Just created a account on this boring site to say that all you talking trash about Battlefield 3 haven't really played this game to the intent of enjoyment. I've put in many many hours in Battlefield 3 to say I have enjoyed this franchise and looking forward to playing Battlefield 4 on my PlayStation 4 when it comes out. If you haven't played Battlefield 3 you have no place in adding you comments on this post. My Rant is done here.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@Skater_Ricky If you enjoy Battlefield, tha's great. Just don't go around expecting everyone else to share your point of view. Also, if this site is boring, why were you even here in the first place?

As for your "all you talking trash about Battlefield 3 haven't really played this game to the intent of enjoyment" remark, I love shooters and even I have to admit that Battlefield is overrated and relatively boring. That's coming from not only a lover of shooters, but also from someone who has played the previous Battlefields.