Rumour: Ex-Sony Employee Suggests The Last Guardian Is for PS4

Told you so

It looks like The Last Guardian may be a lock for the PlayStation 4 after all. A former BigBig Studios employee has hinted that the long overdue Team ICO exclusive has been in development for Sony’s next generation platform for “a long time now”. The speculation follows creative director Fumito Ueda’s broken silence earlier in the week.

Writing on NeoGAF, Kenny Linder – who worked on PlayStation Vita launch title Little Deviants – explained that the hotly anticipated title’s intended platform “has been questionable for nearly two years, but the last time the [project] was restarted, it was moved to Orbis”. Orbis is, of course, one of the primary codenames for the PS4.

We still reckon that the title will be re-revealed during Sony’s press conference on 20th February. Until then, we’ll just sit back feeling smug, knowing that we predicted this a while ago.

[via neogaf.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

So there's apparently going to be Killzone 4, Uncharted 4, Kara, a Sucker Punch game, a Media Molecule Game and now The Last Guardian? Yeah, the PS4 is coming home with me, day 1. Enough said.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Get Versus on the PS4 as well and we might be able to make the internet implode!

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@get2sammyb I know that, but buying the PS4 at launch will be easier than waiting for one of the aforementioned games to come out, and then going to buy it and the PS4 at the same time.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@ThatOneBlackGuy I just love Scolar visari :D I think he is still alive:D Remember the intro off killzone 3. Stale and radek shoots their own soldier because he saw something he have to pay his life for. I think in the shuttle at the end of killzone 4 was scolar visari:D

The intro of killzone 2 Best dictator speech ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGy6SEEXcJA&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzGy6SEEXcJA&has_verified=1 Beter than any real dictator ( Hitler / stalin)

Glory for Helghan ! Kill the ISA Scum!

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@Sanquine The only thing I liked about Visari, was the speech he gave at the beginning of K2. It may have been Visari in the shuttle, although it seems more likely that it was Stahl. Either way, the reveal in K4 oughta be mindblowing.

Now when it comes to favorites, Radec will forever have my respect and admiration. He fought and died with honor, like a true soldier/warrior.

@get2sammyb I'm not too worried about Sony on the console front, they seem to have that covered pretty well. What i'm worried bout is the Vita. It has a good amount of games, which is also supplemented by the cross-buy feature. But, I'm really hoping that they reveal some upcoming exclusives for the little guy.

Hopefully Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice and Mercenary boost it's sales enough for third party devs to start putting their weight behind it.

seeafish

seeafish said:

Hold on! It was originally poised as a launch title for ps3 wasn't it? So by that logic it will be launch title for ps5...or 6... or 7... or...

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Oh well...guess I'll watch it on Youtube. I'll be upset about this if true, and it most likely is.
Moving ICO from PS to PS2 is one thing because no one knew anything about it and had no expectations for it, but moving Guardian from PS3 to PS4 is somewhat inexcusable and frankly a bit mean. They gave it a big announcement and everything, people knew about it and had expectations and promises.

So who deserves the larger amount of fuming, Sony, or Ueda himself?

But I wish much happiness to everyone who gets it for PS4, I only ask that some of you post playthroughs on Youtube, and please no commentary! Haha!

divinelite

divinelite said:

I prefer many games at launch window.
Vita's fate of lousy launch window shouldn't be happened again...