Plants vs. Zombies Commences Battle on PS Plus This Week

Plus, huge PlayStation Vita discounts

Plants vs. Zombies will bring some much needed vegetation to the Instant Game Collection this week, when the PlayStation Vita version of the quirky strategy game shares its seeds with North American PlayStation Plus subscribers for free. The enjoyable tower defence title will be joined by sharp discounts on back-to-front rhythm shooter Retro/Grade and its soundtrack, as well as offers on all of this year’s Gamers’ Choice Awards winners.

Members will also score huge savings on a selection box of anniversary Vita titles, with highlights including Unit 13 for $13.22 and MLB 12: The Show for $8.81. You can peruse the full list of deals over on the PlayStation Blog. And, as always, don’t forget to let us know whether you’re satisfied in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Splat

Splat said:

I don't own a Vita so I get nothing. :(

That said I liked Vanquish for the most part from last week. The story/voice work was pretty lackluster but the gameplay was really fun.

Knux

Knux said:

I'm probably one of the very few gamers who has never played Plants vs. Zombies but owns a Vita, so this is actually good in my case.

JayArr

JayArr said:

I've almost bought this game a thousand times and never did. PS+ and procrastination pay again!

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

I've been skipping sales for this because I knew it'd be on Plus some day. Patience wins again!

bauckster

bauckster said:

This is a "meh" week for me. Partially because I don't own a Vita. I will probably pick up Retro/Grade at such a low price though. I enjoyed the demo on that one.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Yay for PS+ lol I got PvZ for iPhone for free today and free for PC near Halloween, so this'll complete my free collection

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I bought this one when it went on sale. It really is a very great game, and the Vita version is probably the best. Tilting to collect all of the sun is a nice touch. And there's a platinum.

Has anyone bought Smart As? I'm tempted to get that one on sale.

RawShark

RawShark said:

I'm hoping this game comes up on the EU Plus at some point. I've already got it on PS3 from a previous plus update, but it's the sort of game I could really get into on the go, rather than when I'm settled down at home. Guess I'll wait and see.