Killzone: Shadow Fall Shoots PlayStation 4 to Pieces

Guerrilla Games flexes technical muscle with stunning real-time demo

Sony wasted no time bringing out the big guns during its PlayStation Meeting press conference earlier this evening. Guerrilla Games was one of the first studios ushered onto the stage, revealing Killzone: Shadow Fall for the PlayStation 4.

The stunning gameplay demo started with a sprawling shot of a city packed with skyscrapers and flying cars, before devolving into a chaotic shootout against the Helghast. The gameplay in particular seemed to have shed the weighty sensation from previous entries, focusing on a raucous affair filled with explosions and rapid-fire submachine guns.

But don’t take our word for it – you can catch the game in action below. Just remember to pick up your jaw once you’re done with the full seven minute demonstration.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

The game looked phenomenal, can't wait to play it. Between this and Mercenary we've got quite a bit of Killzone headed our way pretty soon and as a huge fan, I couldn't be more hyped up.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

If anyone attempts to stop me from buying this game, I will fight them in the street. Man, woman or child. If you get in my way, we will throw down.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

My stream kept sticking horribly during the gameplay - but DAMN. I thought GG outdid themselves with that one.

hamispink

hamispink said:

The game looks amazing, but I can't believe that they aren't calling it Killzone 4! I could be great marketing along with PS4

I thought this was the star of the show, to be honest. Absolutely sensational.

hydeks

hydeks said:

So many great games announced, I don't really think I care what the controller and system look like, the games alone are selling me lol Is this suppost to be a direct sequel to Killzone 3?

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I'm really loving that gun, but I'm disappointed that the ATAC's still look the same. I hope heavy's and capture troopers look different.