Check Your PSN Messages, You May Have Free Credit

Money, money, money

Sony is currently in the process of dispatching free $10 PlayStation Network vouchers to “loyal” customers, although it’s not entirely clear what warrants a spot in that bracket. There are widespread reports of users receiving the complimentary credit, including a handful of folks in our very own forums.

The full message reads: “Thank you for being a loyal customer and fan of PlayStation Network. As a token of our appreciation, we've sent you $10 to spend on the PlayStation Store." According to the note, the voucher must be redeemed before 5th March, otherwise it will expire.

In case you’re wondering, this offer appears to be limited to North America for the time being. We’re not entirely sure why the platform holder is suddenly handing out free credit, but we doubt that it’s got anything to do with earning goodwill ahead of tonight’s press conference. Did you receive a code? What are you going to spend the money on? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via neogaf.com]

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

WOW! I'm going to go check that out. I bought God of War Ghost of Sparta from the PlayStation Network back in December so I hope I get this lol.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

It seems Sony is making early apologies for the complete lack of PS4 at tonight's event...

3Above

3Above said:

I got mine! Ill be holding on to is in hope that next weeks PSN sale will include The Unfinished Swan.

Epic

Epic said:

Got mine plan to use it when there's a discount or something or maybe just buy some DLC with it.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

limited to North America THAT SUCKS! what about us in the UK and people in other areas we have been just as loyal don't we get anything?

Splat

Splat said:

I got one. When I saw I had a message I thought it was just from one of my friends but instead free money. :)

irken004

irken004 said:

Nice, maybe they'll have some surprise release on PSN or something later today. Otherwise I can use this to get Okami HD for cheap :D

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I checked PSN just for this, but I didn't get one. I'm a pretty big PSN spender...why'd they have to go and skip me? :(

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

Hopefully we'll get our credit over here in Europe.. Wouldn't mind downloading Vice City or San Andreas!

irken004

irken004 said:

EDIT haven't gotten mine either, maybe they're taking a long time since there's sooo many loyal fans :P

Azikira

Azikira said:

I have been on the Playstation Network since 2007, have a PSP, PS3 AAAAND PS Vita, spent thousands of dollars on the PSN store and have over 800 Downloads linked to my account. If that isn't loyalty, I don't know what is.

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

You'd think they'd send some to people who spend little or nothing on PSN, in order to tempt them. :-)

No, not me... I'd guess I fall somewhere in the middle - don't spend a lot, but not exactly a skinflint either. Plus I'm not in the US anyway.

neumaus

neumaus said:

I better get one. I've bought 34 games (plus minis) from PSN for both my PS3 and PSP. I still don't have Ni no Kuni; that $10 would make the price that much better ;)

pikku

pikku said:

I'm not sure I would qualify as a "loyal fan" seeing how I've only bought a few things on the shop (totalling maybe $30-45) but might as well check anyway! :O

EDIT: I got it! Yaaay~

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

LOL, I am not in US, but have US PSN account as my main account with most games and trophies. And I got it =). Not a big deal, though, but really nice =).

hydeks

hydeks said:

@Azikira yup, I'm about the same way (but I have more like 400 downloads) but yet, I haven't gotten it still...weird

Thegamingzombie

Thegamingzombie said:

I'm so happy :D I got the code, and I think that people with a certain trophy level get it. The only problem for me is that it wont let me click on the code!!!
EDIT: ok it works now

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Haven't gotten it = and I have a decently high trophy level, am ps + and have bought a couple of games. I think I agree with the above that its probably random. Weird.

divinelite

divinelite said:

VITA only owner cannot get the message

Fortunately my friend help to set up at his ps3 so I could get the 10$

nerdydan

nerdydan said:

So is there any way for vita only owners that lack access to a ps3 to check for this? I don't care whether or not I could get it, but it would at least be nice to know whether or not I got it.

BlueProxy

BlueProxy said:

Got mine yesterday, and was not expecting anything. Came shortly after I spent $5 at their store. Had I known...

Alpha

Alpha said:

I got $10. just like everyone else. a lot of my friends did too. they definitly need to do this more often. maybe once every 3 months or better yet, every holiday season, once a year. maybe increase it to $15 or even $20