Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Features 60 Minutes of Exclusive Content on PS3

Oh, and it's real

Unable to contain the secret any longer, Ubisoft has officially confirmed Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. The publisher sent us packshots for the pirate-themed adventure earlier this morning, confirming the game’s existence on PS3. As with previous entries, playing the title on Sony’s platform will reward you with an additional 60 minutes of gameplay.

Earlier in the week, a slew of rumours hinted at the sea-based sequel's existence. According to the reports, the title will feature a new assassin named Edward Kenway, the father of Haytham from Assassin’s Creed III. We’ll be able to share more details about the upcoming release on 4th March at 17:00PM GMT.

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

This is soooooo totally awesome. Thankful to see the PS3 hasn't lost momentum yet. Hopefully, Ubisoft will also announce Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag or at least a tie-in on the PS Vita since their headman told the Dutch video game magazine that big franchises will continue to be released on the PS Vita.

Placlu

Placlu said:

Man... ubisoft REALLY love sony..
Also I hate the fact it's IV. That pisses me off so bloody much... and It's subtitled.. argghhh.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@Placlu I agree, seeing the IV slapped on there is a bit annoying. Hopefully it's a new evolution of the franchise though, and not just AC3.5.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

The naval bits where me favourite part of ACIII, I'm glad Ubisoft agrees. And 4 pistols! You can never have too many of those since they only fire once and then take ages to reload. Finnaly "Sid Meyer's Pirates" on steroids!

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

really looking forward to this even after i was disappointed with AC3 i hope they have learned form what they did and improved it

doublejj

doublejj said:

even though this is not a sequel but yet a prequel it will be really cool to see the naval side of AC3 will be even more the theme of this game cause when i was a previous owner of the Nintendo Wii U i played AC3 and the naval battles were quit the fun part of the game far moire better than the hunting and the homestead missions i didn't like as much. the main story in AC3 was a disappointment to sat the least but hopefully they learned from it.

irken004

irken004 said:

But will it be a glitchy mess at launch like AC3? Hopefully not, but if it is I'll wait out until some patches arrive for it like I did with AC3.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Definitely interested, though I do think the series is getting a little tired. My big hope is that the add underwater swimming and huge intricate caves to explore. It was a big lost opportunity on AC3.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

Meh, I'll still get this for Wii U. It's good to see games like this are still coming to PS3 though.