Terraria Digs onto PlayStation Network with New Content

It's off to work we go

PC indie smash hit Terraria will up sticks and arrive on the PlayStation Network in February, publisher 505 Games has announced. The creative side-scroller will come with a wealth of new content, including a full tutorial, enhanced controls, and a fresh boss battle. The re-release will also feature a throng of original enemies, pets, and music. It’s all outlined in the trailer embedded below.

Other improvements include the addition of split-screen multiplayer and eight-player online co-op. Is the digging simulator on your radar? Let us know in the comments section below.

JayArr

JayArr said:

Sweet, always wanted to play this game but I can't stand PC gaming. I'll be picking this up for sure.

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

Never heard of it, and by the look of it, not interested in the slightest.

Perhaps it's my age and the fact that I grew up playing pretty much nothing but pixelated, low-resolution side-scrollers, but I can't really get interested in any of these retro-style games. I just find them tedious and a waste of the power available in modern systems.

MaxiM_PL

MaxiM_PL said:

My Vita wants this. Otherwise not for me, sicne I already own it on PC.

@Paranoimia: this has nothing to do with age. I'm 31 and I love "pixelated, low-resolution games" ;] Although in all honesty, on PC this game runs in 1080 or any other resolution you want, natively. Meaning no upscaled pixels, just more FOV ;]

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Oh this game sucks... at first. And then it grabs you and it doesn't let go for hours and hours (and many, many more hours) later. :D

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

@MaxiM_PL I'm 41... I've (possibly/probably) played a lot more of them than you! :-)

I didn't mean literally pixelated through upscaling, I just meant the retro graphical style... which won't change, no matter how high the resolution. Not saying this or any others are bad games, just that they aren't for me. I even find it incredibly difficult to play my old favourites from the 8-bit era these days.