Soul Sacrifice Saps Your Body and Mind from 30th April

Monster hunter

Enjoy your limbs while you’ve got them, because Sony has announced that it will conjure copies of Soul Sacrifice onto store shelves on 30th April in North America. The title will start slaying grotesque ogres on 1st May in Europe, with both regions securing digital releases on their respective dates.

For the uninitiated amongst you, the hotly anticipated demon slayer is the brain child of legendary Capcom employee Keiji Inafune. It sees you adopting the role of a sorcerer and slaying a slew of larger than life beasts by sacrificing body parts in return for skills. It’s basically Monster Hunter re-imagined in the mind of a mental patient.

If you pre-order the title, you’ll secure a slew of in-game extras. Bonuses include two unique character costumes and three magic items. You’ll also receive the Japanese voice-over pack, which will allow you to play the game in its native tongue. Bizarrely, the platform holder’s selling this separately if you don’t pre-order, which is not a practice that we support.

“I’m excited that we are finally able to announce the release date of Soul Sacrifice,” Keiji Inafune beamed. “I have put all my passion and soul into the game’s concept and my talented team has made an incredible effort to create the best game it could ever be. I’m confident that we’ve created an extremely engaging game that you will enjoy playing.”

Are you looking forward to getting your hands on this one? The demo was spectacular, but we’re eager to play more. Let us know if you're excited in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com, blog.eu.playstation.com]

Epic

Epic said:

Will this be the game that will make me buy a Vita?
That and more after Push Square Review this game.
and Nintendolife review Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

3Above

3Above said:

I think this game will finally show whether people buy monster hunter for the gameplay or just cause the media and internet say everyone is playing it. I always have wish that some company would release the exact same game wiht a diffenerent skin and environment under a different name and see if it would sell as well as the orginal. Then we would see if its quality or brand and popularity that sell games. Just a thought.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Yes, already preordered this beauty

@Epic: Only for this game and tear away you should buy a vita.

Happy vita owner here:D

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@get2sammyb Yep awesome art, the game itself is even more better than the concept art:D In everything there is detail. Remember the ice spell / distance spell with roses... Yeah roses :D That is detail i love to see:D

MaxiM_PL

MaxiM_PL said:

Can't wait for it. It's just a shame I won't be able to import savegames from the demo, but I'll get through it again with a grin on my face.

P.S. Take that, Cashcom.

JavierYHL

JavierYHL said:

yup me and my 2 friends are buying to play together...we love these kind of games on sony portables...

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

This, Killzone: Mercenary, Tearaway, Persona 4, God Eater 2, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Gravity Rush are my reasons for wanting to own a Vita.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

I'm just worried it will turn out like that one PSP game, Lord of Arcana... It shouldn't.. but we never know. That game looked awesome from trailers and videos.. but it just didn't play nearly as well as I hoped

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

LOL.... you need to play demo, it is super awesome AAA title with a lot of attention to details and Full Metal Alchemist dark magic vibe =))).... I am hyped about this game much stronger than about Monster Hunter 4...

MaxiM_PL

MaxiM_PL said:

Unless the demo is fake, you can rest assured that the game won't change into Lord of Arcana ;]