Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time to Be a Real Steal at $39.99

Cheap and cheerful

Just in case you missed the memo, Sony has announced that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will sneak into stores well below the usual retail price for PlayStation 3 games. The first-party platformer will set you back just $39.99 for both the PS3 and Vita versions. You may as well scrap your elaborate bank robbery plans now, as there’s no need to risk jail time for this fairly priced title.

Pre-orders for the sequel are already open in North America, with early registrations netting a handful of in-game goodies. Both Amazon and GameStop are giving away a couple of skins for Sly’s paraglider, in addition to a SEAL Team outfit for Murray. We’ve already played a large chunk of the exclusive, and can vouch for its quality. Are you planning on popping the title into your swag bag? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Related Games

Epic

Epic said:

Was considering get this few months after release to get a discount BUT THIS PRICE IS ALREADY TOO GOOD.
Idk if I am right but i think this one includes the vita version too so its if someone here is a sly fan and have a vita dont think it twice.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

I pre-ordered it as soon as pre-order was available, been wanting this long before it was announced and I'm holding the developers to their promise that the price drop is to boost sales and its still a $60 game in quality.

3Above

3Above said:

I hafthis preordereed befoore cross buy was a thing. This price cant be beat. Its becoming obvious now that the ps3 lifecycle is wrapping up but if that means better games at cheaper price points sign me up!

rjejr

rjejr said:

I think they had to go $39.99 as there are just too many good games coming out in Q1 and too many games that just came out are already at that price. Plus they also know how the HD Trilogy sold, which I'm guessing wasn't as well as they thought.

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

Kind of an odd question.

Is it possible to activate the free Vita version of the game via crossbuy using only the Vita? I only own said Vita and am wondering if it would be possible to buy this game as a PS3 disc, download the Vita version to my PSN, and then promptly sell back the game or give it to a friend.

hydeks

hydeks said:

@AceSpadeS when you pop in the disc, you go to the spot that saids disc benefits, makes the game free on psn store, and transfers you to the download page, and it saids before you do it that it's a one time thing that is attached to the persons account. It would be cool if it was just a voucher like most the times, but they made sure people couldn't really resell the free copy.

FuzzyYellowBalls

FuzzyYellowBalls said:

I wish all disc based games would retail for this when they first come out. I wouldn't have to wait so long for some prices to drop to what I deem to be acceptable.