Quench Your Thirst with The Last of Us' Special Edition

Survival kit

You too can be prepared for the end of the world by purchasing The Last of Us’ collector's edition. The premium bundle – spotted on the Italian arm of online retailer Amazon – features a handy metal water bottle, a 30-day subscription to PlayStation Plus, and a sticker skin for your PlayStation 3 and DualShock controller. The overlay looks to be limited to the second iteration of the PS3, which makes us question the package’s authenticity. We’ve contacted Sony for comment.

The set also includes the previously announced ‘Sight and Sounds’ expansion pack, which collates the title’s official soundtrack, a dynamic theme, and a couple of PlayStation Network avatars. All, of course, are essential accessories when surviving the apocalypse.

[via neogaf.com, computerandvideogames.com]

Splat

Splat said:

That is the greatest thing I have ever seen... That is coming from someone that has never bought a collector's edition.

You guys really like this? I thought it seemed pretty lazy. I like the flask, but I'd rather have the Dead Space one.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I never really understood the inclusion of water bottles and other outdoor equipment in collector's editions. You can advertise the game while trekking the countryside? You can take a sip from it when you're playing the game to give the impression that you're doing physical exercise? I don't know.

JayArr

JayArr said:

I'm buying this day one but I'm not impressed enough by this swag to dish out the extra cash for the special edition.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Will buy the game day one. Not interested in this addition. I already own water bottles.