PlayStation All-Stars DLC Won't Break the Bank

Cheap as chips

While the first batch of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC – starring Kat from Gravity Rush, Emmett Graves from Starhawk, and a WipEout themed arena – won’t cost you a penny during its first couple of weeks on sale, an eagle-eyed detective over at NeoGAF appears to have uncovered the add-on’s value beyond the promotional period.

According to the rules page of Sony’s own ‘PlayStation Ultimate Matchup’ competition site, one of the prizes includes a PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC voucher worth approximately $3 (or £2) at retail. Sadly, the listing doesn’t detail the contents of the reward, but we suspect that you’ll net both of the characters and the map as part of the giveaway. That would make the content extremely generously priced.

What do you think is a reasonable price point for additional PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale content? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via neogaf.com, thesixthaxis.com]

Related Games

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Free would be too much. Played this again recently and it gets worse each time. Really, really annoys me as it is such a missed opportunity.

irken004

irken004 said:

$3 doesn't seem too bad. But I hope they do something similar with their future DLC, releasing it free for the first few weeks then charge afterwards.

But that doesn't mean I'll buy the $15 worth of DLC costumes :O

naruball

naruball said:

Yeah, I'm not paying for costumes either. But new characters? Absolutely!
@rastamadeus
Have to disagree. I've been playing it for a week now and I think it's amazing. Don't remember the last time I had that much fun playing a game.

Knux

Knux said:

I want that Kat DLC so bad...oh wait, I need to buy the actual game first. :O

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

So why in the heck do the costumes cost so much, then? Surely they are less deserving of a high price-point than two new characters and a level...

Anyway, although I was fairly strongly against this game from the betas, I have found that the full release is much, MUCH better. I'm glad I got a good deal on it and I've been enjoying the game. I'll be sure to grab this DLC while it's free, so I don't very much care how much they'll charge after. :P

FuzzyYellowBalls

FuzzyYellowBalls said:

I wonder if this game will get the "Ultimate" treatment further down the road and have all of it's DLC included as a re-release. Most fighting games seem to be doing that as of late.

hydeks

hydeks said:

@rastamadeus gotta disagree with you too, I actually starting to like this game more than smash bros. Has awesome characters, tons of moves and attacks, levels are awesome and don't move around so much, very sweet costumes and unlockables etc. etc. Plus getting the PSVita for free is the best deal I've ever seen :P

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

@hydeks agreed. I like this game a lot better than SSB. It just feels smoother and more exciting. I wish it had some type of unlock system for more characters/maps and some type of silly "campaign", but as the first game in it's series, I'm sure future iterations are going to be even more amazing!

Also, for $3 that's an easy purchase. I almost wish it wasn't going to be free for a couple weeks and than cost money though.. I think people will feel like they are having content taken away from them.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@nathanuc1988: The solution is hilariously simple, though: Everybody who thinks there's even the slightest chance they'll ever play the game should just download the DLC while it's free. If they miss out, it's their own fault. :P

Kayoss

Kayoss said:

@rastamadeus
Can you elaborate on why this game is such a let down to you? Its probably not the best game out there but I dont see why it gets worst and worst everytime you play it. If it was bad the first time and bad the second time why would play it again the 3rd time , 4th, etc...?

Kayoss

Kayoss said:

@Stuffgamer1
Not better but different... you can tell that that SSB is really a kids game when compared to PSASBR. I like it PSASBR better because the majority of the characters are different in moves and there is actually some strategy to it.

evildevil97

evildevil97 said:

Gonna wait for a "complete" edition before I buy the game, Still bummed by no Spyro or Crash.

Scrible

Scrible said:

This game totally Blows, had for three days and traded it in for Far Cry 3, which is better, I mean the menus in this game were horrible from what I read, and then when I got it, oh my wow, and didn't feel all that responsive while fighting, would recommend to anyone not at all, maybe a rent, but only if nothing else in, horrible horrible horrible