North American PS Plus Members Net Huge Discounts

Free copies of Foosball 2012, too

Forget about central heating, Sony’s impressive “13 for ’13” promotion is the real winter warmer this week. The excellent initiative – set to launch later today in North America – will see a slew of PlayStation Network titles discounted for the New Year, with PlayStation Plus subscribers securing savings as large as 75 per cent. Highlights include LittleBigPlanet Karting for $10.00, The Unfinished Swan for $3.75, and Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for just $2.00.

Premium members will also be able to participate in a good old fashioned game of table football this week, when Grip Games’ surprisingly solid Foosball 2012 is added to the Instant Game Collection for free. You’ll be given the option to download both the PlayStation 3 and Vita versions of the title, unlocking a wealth of cross-platform functionality in the process.

Other notable perks include a 20 per cent discount on escapeVektor, which secured a pile of praise in our recent review. You can peruse the full North American PlayStation Plus update – including all of the aforementioned discounts – over on the PlayStation Blog. As always, let us know if you’re satisfied in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Splat

Splat said:

There are some really great deals. I plan on getting Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank which will set me back $5.75. :)

I'm thinking about picking up LBP Karting as well.

rjejr

rjejr said:

There are enough good PS+ deals in there that I was considering just re-subscribing for 3 months to buy all the ones I wanted. I did the math and it wasn't quite worth it, but it was close.

jer18

jer18 said:

OK, ok, this makes up for the extended downtime. Looking forward to Foosball 2012 since I didn't win the competition on Push Square last fall.. haha :). Unfinished Swan and Warp will probably get my purchase at that great deal.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

@pikachupwnage I'm personally hoping that we start seeing some more widespread sales on PSP content at least. As far as this sale goes, I am absolutely finally getting The Unfinished Swan. What good deals.

Would I like Jak & Daxter if I like Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper? I've actually never tried it.

hamispink

hamispink said:

@Squiggle55 You should absolutely get it if you like other PS2 games with platforming, especially for only $2!
Jak & Daxter is more platformer that either of those titles, but it's a superb game. I'd say that it's more similar to Sly Cooper in terms of the speed that you move and the actual platforming aspects, though the world is open and there is a collecting element that is reminiscent of the original Spyro games.

JayArr

JayArr said:

I've almost bought Unfinished Swan a dozen times. Easy to pull the trigger now. =]

Splat

Splat said:

I keep checking the store but it hasn't been updated yet. :( It normally is by now.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Jack n Daxter is genuinely one of my favorite games for ps2. It's open world Crash Warped with really good characters, story, and lots of big unique zones, plus fun vehicle/riding parts, too. I paid $20 for the greatest hits back in the day, I'd say its the best bargain I've seen so far

Splat

Splat said:

I ended up getting LBP Karting last night off the sale. I had to slap my hand from just filling up my cart with a handful of games. :)

I'm sure I will end up at least grab one or two more.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Ended up getting LBP Karting and will probably add one more game before the sale is over, I'm thinking Machinarium.

bauckster

bauckster said:

Yes, this sale is finally some real competition for the infamous Steam sales. Way to go, Sony! I bought: Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Psychonauts, and the 3 games altogether cost barely over $8. Great, great deal. :)