Metal Gear Rising Demo Serves Sweet Revengeance Next Week

A cut above

The long awaited demo for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will finally chop the PlayStation Network into tiny little pieces on 22nd January, developer Platinum Games has announced. It’s the same gameplay teaser that was originally included with copies of the Zone of the Enders HD Collection last year. You can read our thoughts on the sampler through here.

In addition to the demo’s release date, publisher Konami has also deployed a brand new Hideo Kojima-edited trailer for the game. Unsurprisingly, it’s over seven minutes long. You can catch that below.

Update: The demo's out on 23rd January in Europe.

[via platinumgames.com]

rjejr

rjejr said:

on 22nd January

Since the 22nd is a Tuesday that means it's the NA PS store, correct?
I already DL it from Japan but as was already stated here it was region locked.

@rjejr From the wording, it sounds like it's going to launch on both Stores on Tuesday. Seeing as it was already available with ZoE, I'm goint to assume that they can automatically push it out on said date without a "full" Store publish in Europe.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

I like how players were supposed to hate Raiden in mgs2 (Snake=protagonist) but everyone loved him in 4, so now we get to chop fools into sixteenths! I really should have bought ZOE :(

@rjejr No, you're quite right, Rjejr — the demo's out on 23rd January in Europe. Have updated the article.

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

Not for me. This is one of those games (along with Fire Emblem: Awakening) where I want to experience the day it comes out.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

I keep wanting to be really excited about this game, but I'm having a hard time. I'm a die hard MG fan and I love the work of Platinum Games...