Here's Your First Look at Tomb Raider's Multiplayer Mode

Uncharted addition

Assuming you’re patient enough to sit through a slew of developer interviews, you'll be able to get your first glimpse of Tomb Raider’s controversial multiplayer mode courtesy of the video embedded below. Unsurprisingly, the online add-on – in development at Eidos Montreal – looks like it’s taken more than a few ideas from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Thankfully, there are a few unique twists to the formula. Playing as the devious Solarii, you'll have the opportunity to lay explosive ammo boxes and even summon the power of the weather via lightning rods. Oh, and you can play as Zachary Levi, too. Exciting, huh?

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

If you had told me this was an Uncharted multiplayer expansion, I wouldn't have questioned it at all.

Splat

Splat said:

They went out of their way to say this isn't just an "add-on" but I will be pretty surprised if it isn't just that. That said sounds like it isn't going to take away from the SP which is good to hear.

irken004

irken004 said:

it does look a lot like Uncharted multiplayer, which might be a good thing. I think a co-op mode would be fun though. Can't wait for this game :O

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Wow, I never thought the whole concept of Tomb Raider could be misunderstood this much! This isn't Tomb Raider, and this isn't Tomb Raider multiplayer either. Like others here are saying Tomb Raider multiplayer should actually be co-op based, not deathmatch. This is just Eidos attempt at FarCry and slapping the Tomb Raider brand on it.

Splat

Splat said:

I have liked everything I have seen about the SP. That said I have never been a big Tomb Raider fan so any changes wouldn't really effect me.