Dead Island: Riptide's Busty Collector's Edition Is Hideous

Put it away

Of all the collector’s editions that we’ve had the misfortune of posting about, this is probably the worst. Deep Silver has announced the UK premium bundle for Dead Island: Riptide – and it includes a bleeding pair of knockers. The publisher claims that the grotesque, er, bust is the title’s own “take on an iconic Roman marble torso sculpture”. It just looks like an ugly mess to us.

Assuming you're mad enough to purchase the package, you'll also net a steelbook edition of the game, a set of collectible art cards, and a weapons modification pack. The monstrosity will cost you £99.99, and is available to pre-order now on the Xbox 360. There’s actually no mention of a PlayStation 3 version, which is probably for the best. Nevertheless, we’ve contacted Deep Silver to find out what’s going on. We're not necessarily anticipating a sane response.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

A lot will be made of the crudity of this thing, and that 'shock-value' is no doubt what the designers want. Unfortunately it just looks crap.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Plenty of people I would think. Ten years ago I'd probably have found it humorous enough to chuck it on a shelf with some other figures and such.
Now, I just looks at the fact that even in the promo shots it looks such a crap sculpt and paint job. Also it's a hundred quid.

Splat

Splat said:

I wonder why the first Dead Island isn't on PSN? It's the kinda of game I would like to have downloaded.

Confused_DudeStaff

Confused_Dude said:

Excellent! I've been in the market for a rib-exposed-decapitated-limbless-busty-chick. They're so hard to come by without, licks lips creepily, making your own...

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I don't even... Who... What...

This is one of the worst by-products of gaming ever conceived.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

That is in very poor taste. It must be a marketing plot to raise controversy.

Swiket

Swiket said:

I could only imagine the awkward feeling of trying to walk out of GameStop carrying that bust.