Sony Executive Shuhei Yoshida Owns a Wii U

Testing it out

Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida is one of the most brazen executives in the gaming industry, so it’s no surprise to see the likable suit openly admit that he’s purchased a competitor’s system on Twitter.

Here's the message:

While we’ve no doubt that Yoshida’s purchase was partly motivated by research, the executive has never shied away from complimenting competitors in the past. It’ll be interesting to monitor the honcho’s thoughts on the machine in the coming days.

[via twitter.com, nintendolife.com]

Epic

Epic said:

O_O He is the 1st one to admit that he bought a competitor system.
I think that nintendo and microsoft have both competitors system atlelast to test it out I think I heard once from shigeru that he says that little big planet was amazing.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

The guy who makes Smash Bros (his name escapes me as I write this) stated he owns both a PS3 and a 360 some years ago.

Scrible

Scrible said:

Wonder if there is anything in his contract about not owning a competitors system, and if so, would they actually fire him.....

@Cricket1 I would hope that all three platform holders own and regularly use each other's systems. How can you compare yourself to your competitors without using their hardware/playing their games? I'm sure people within Sony regularly play Super Mario/Halo/etc. They have to, right?

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

The heads of these companys are not crazy fanboys. I don't find this to be suprising in the least.

Dambuster

Dambuster said:

I once saw a checkout girl from asda, shopping in tesco ........ pointless story!

Savino

Savino said:

Of course he does!
It would be very stupid of his part to avoid techs that arent sony.
He, more than anybody, must know whats going on...

(I bet Reggie plays from time to time with his vita)

bauckster

bauckster said:

Yes, this isn't really surprising, but it is nice to see an exec being direct about this sort of thing.

WildMan

WildMan said:

Not surprised by this.. Only an ignorant fanboy would refuse to check their competitor.