NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Slam Dunks North American PS Plus

Hot shot

If you’re nursing a nasty bout of man flu this New Year’s Eve – the Push Square office is a bubbling pot of coughs, sneezes, and snot this evening – then at least you’ll be able to console your misery with a gallon of Lemsip and a complimentary copy of NBA Jam: On Fire Edition. Sony has announced the next batch of PlayStation Plus freebies for North American subscribers, and it includes EA Games’ ace arcade sports title.

Other offers include a free version of Marble Madness-esque PlayStation Vita exclusive Chronovolt, and huge savings on Tokyo Jungle, Shadow of the Colossus, and Batman: Arkham City. You can peruse the full list of discounts through here.

Are you satisfied with this week’s update? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I'm happy. A new game for my ps3 and vita and the type of game I don't have to invest a lot of time in is perfect for me right now. NBA jam is gonna be fun.

Splat

Splat said:

I liked the demo of NBA Jam but never got around to getting the full game, I will now.

I haven't played any of the Assassin’s Creed games and they have Assassin’s Creed 2 Deluxe Edition for $10 so will get that.

I really wish they would just make Tokyo Jungle free sometime. I'm interested but not enough to spend any real money.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

Screw getting Batman for free. We get it discounted. How awesome is that? I'd rather get some free themes or avatars than something like NBA Jam. I take this as a sign of what to expect from SCEA this year. :(
@Squiggle55
Supposedly the servers for NBA Jam go offline Jan. 11th so jump online while you can.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@SilentJ My understanding is that the servers are going offline for the retail version of NBA Jam, but not the download edition, which is NBA Jam: On Fire Edition.

Splat

Splat said:

It's a pretty good game. It's alot better than NFL Blitz which I was disappointed in and that is coming from a huge NFL fan.

bauckster

bauckster said:

Decent enough update, but I understand why people are a little upset when you look at what Europe plus has gotten recently. Honestly, $14 for Arkham City is a pretty good deal, though and then I can keep the game for myself if I don't renew plus. Not too shabby...