Sony Sharing Details About PlayStation Plus for Vita Next Week

Branching out

PlayStation Plus will finally extend to the Vita next week – and Sony has promised that more details will be announced soon. Speaking on the PlayStation Blog, content manager Chris Howe encouraged readers to “look out next week for some news on the PlayStation Vita Plus service”.

We already know that the Vita version of PlayStation Plus will boast all of the same perks as the home console version. That includes the Instant Game Collection and Cloud Save Storage. However, it’s currently unclear how the features will be implemented. “I will try to make sure that all the information that you could possibly ever need will be included next week,” Howe added.

What’s your dream Vita giveaway? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Does he actually say it's coming next week, or that details are coming next week?

ZeD

ZeD said:

He says details are coming - I'll look for the quote

EDIT:

Hey!
Glad you like the update and the look of the November content.
Look out next week for some news on the PlayStation VITA plus service

And...

leave it with me and I will try to make sure that all the information that you could ever possibly need will be included next week!

Just having details will make me happy! Not knowing what I will be getting is killing me!

@Squiggle55 He says details are coming next week. However, Sony has announced that the service is coming to Vita in November — and it makes sense it would come at the start of the month alongside the usual PS Plus update.

hamispink

hamispink said:

I'm really looking forward to what games they offer. I'm expecting the smaller download only games to be the focus early on, though there could be some major 1st party releases thrown in there. The other question is how many games will be offered in an instant game collection; the vita doesn't exactly have the same caliber of library as the ps3.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

I'll probably still be playing Ragnarok Odyssey, like I've been for the last week and a half! Haha

Glad to see that it's finally coming to the console - it's about dang time. Now give me some trophies for my PlayStation Mobile games!

a.k.a. Typical Westerner - never satisfied with anything. Haha

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Really hoping they manage to avoid giving vita games I already own. But obviously that's going to happen to a bunch of folks no matter what. Can't wait.

jeccross

jeccross said:

Yeah, not getting my hopes up it won't be one of the games that's been on sale - Although it's pretty cheeky imo if it's one of the ones that had the 10% plus discount in the past (Little Deviants would be my guess). I suppose they're not targeting people that already have plus though.