Senior Social Media Manager Jeff Rubenstein Exits PlayStation

Thanks for the memories

After a slew of rumours, Senior Social Media Manager Jeff Rubenstein has confirmed that he’s leaving PlayStation. Those that have been invested in the brand since the early PS3 days will know that Jeff has played an integral part in transforming the PlayStation Blog into one of the most popular gaming websites in the world. He's leaving all of that behind for a new challenge.

“I’m actually looking forward to jumping back over to the fan side of the fence. Working through my massive backlog of games, starting with The Unfinished Swan this weekend. Buying The Last of Us at a midnight launch. Actually being surprised at E3,” he wrote in a farewell post.

It’s unclear what Jeff’s next move will be, but we know that the PlayStation Blog won’t quite be the same without him. As the folks over at IGN would say, Beyond!

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Sad news. Jeff Rubenstein has always been the super passionate fan face that the brand needed. I like the other guys that work on the PS Blog, but I'm not quite sure who's going to fill the gap to be honest.

MitchConcannon

MitchConcannon said:

Wow, this is a shock to the system. In my opinion this is as big as Cliff Bleszinski leaving epic. Wish Jeff all the best. He shall be missed. Gonna listen to the latest BlogCast see what he has to say in it.

3Above

3Above said:

MAN! First Life with PlayStation shuts down now this!? I miss him already. Jeff was always my favourite PS Blogger he will truly be missed. Whats gonna happen to us now?

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Wow! Didn't see this one coming!

I've got a lot of respect for Jeff and wish him well in whatever it is that he does next.

odd69

odd69 said:

Yea jeff was the shyt, i will miss him too. What is happening over at sony?