PlayStation Store Refresh Launches in North America

All change

After a fairly lengthy delay, the new-look PlayStation Store has finally launched in North America. The updated digital storefront comes with a range of snazzy features, including improved content filtering, better organisation, and a dynamic search engine.

You’ll be prompted to download the glossy makeover when you select the PlayStation Store from the XMB. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

I wonder if it runs any better than the UK effort?

It's fine so long as you know what you're after, it's not so great for browsing though. It's also quite laggy.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I hope it isn't really as slow as people have been saying. I truly thought the store was great as it was. Hopefully they don't change too much about the Vita store anytime soon. All it needs is a little better organization for new releases and PS+

@KALofKRYPTON I personally feel like the new PlayStation Store is better if you don't know what you're looking for. I find the act of browsing and content discovery quite fun. My big problem with the new layout is that all I really want to see is all of the new stuff in one place.

Splat

Splat said:

It's going to take some getting used to but I think it will be better in the long run.

@irken004 - How do you search by price?

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

They disabled the ability to access the store via remote play with Vita..... this is mega annoying as I would remote into my PS3 from Vita all the time to start downloads or buy games.....

kivi95

kivi95 said:

Well have compared them a little now and the US version is better.(same speed but easier to find things)

rjejr

rjejr said:

Great, I lose power for 4 days and this is what I get to come back to.

Tried the UK version sometime last week and really wasn't happy with it. Does the US store take 6 clicks to DL a demo?

Splat

Splat said:

I added something to my cart and changed my mind and when I went to remove it it kept saying "Error"...

I ended up having to back out of the store and then go back in to get it to work.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

Holy.... There is still no filters or "SEARCH" function in "DOWNLOADS". Soiny is full of bull. Or I am stupid =(((....

rjejr

rjejr said:

Trying to DL a demo was such a pain yesterday. I tried 2 - Rampage City and Warlords - and after going through all the many clicks I exited the store and checked my Download Management and the demos weren't even listed.
Why make something that was so easy so difficult?

bauckster

bauckster said:

It's not too bad... I didn't have issues with the old layout either, but I do like the filter options for the new site. I didn't notice too much lag, but I did randomly get kicked off of the store a couple of times. Hopefully this won't continue to be an issue for me or any others,

odd69

odd69 said:

i enjoy the search filters as well, but still kinda like the old look of the ps store.Its not that bad though