Phantasy Star Online 2 Travels to Vita on 28th February in Japan

MAGnificent

SEGA’s ambitious free-to-play MMO Phantasy Star Online 2 will spread its wings to the PlayStation Vita on 28th February in Japan. The game will be available as a complimentary download from the PlayStation Store, and will share online servers with the PC version.

A closed beta for the handheld release will begin in January, with registrations opening next month. Those eager to participate will have to submit their details via the PlayStation Store. Presumably, that allows the publisher to check that the applicant actually owns the appropriate hardware.

While the game will be available as a free download, SEGA will also be selling a special retail edition in stores. For a cool ¥5,229 ($63), players will receive eight new costumes, three unique weapons, a MAG device, two music CDs, and 1,000 FUN points to purchase in-game items with.

There’s no word on a Western release for the Vita version of the game just yet, but we sincerely hope that it makes its way overseas.

[via uk.gamespot.com]

I'm not convinced that this is the perfect fit for the Vita, but I would play the hell out of it if it came overseas.

Epic

Epic said:

@get2sammyb
This are the kind of games that with all the option technique, items and different equips are perfect for Wii U or PC but in the other hand this might be able to save vita from fail.

@Magi Agreed, but I think I'd rather play this in long stretches on the PS3. Considering it's an MMO, it needs an online connection, so it's not particularly portable.

But, yes, more Vita games is always a good thing.

Epic

Epic said:

@sanquine
With the Wii U you could organize and quickly use all the techniques on the gamepad remember that this games doesnt have pause in the GC version I died a lot just for not being able to use a monomite in time or looking to ress one of my friends with a moon atomizer. I would really like a PS3 version because I still dont have a Wii U but it would have all the GC version problems.

hydeks

hydeks said:

ohh, I really want this to come to North America lol I would get that, definitely.

Kimiko

Kimiko said:

This game is one of the main reasons I've bought a Vita. I'm so looking forward to this. Phantasy Star Portable and 2 were two of the very best PSP games.

Volmun

Volmun said:

il probbly get this on both PC and Vita so i can still play it over a frends hose also im so glad is going to be Free online naw 8D