Oh No, Sonic the Fighters Is Releasing Overseas

Bleurgh

Quick, cower behind your computer monitors, because the atrocious Sonic the Fighters is heading overseas. We think we’ve made our feelings fairly clear about the anthropomorphic fighter over the past couple of weeks, but just in case you missed them: this game is rubbish.

The awful arcade release will be joined by the not-so-terrible Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers on 27th November in North America. They’ll set you back $4.99 apiece. Yes, you actually have to pay to play Sonic the Fighters. The titles will arrive in Europe on 5th December for €4.49.

Remember: just say no.

[via blogs.sega.com]

Related Games

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

For 5 bucks I'll pick up all 3, but I'm looking forward to Fighting Vipers. I loved that game on the Saturn and arcade. Could Fighter's Megamix be next?

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

It really isn't that bad. I'd prefer it any day over PS All Stars (judging by the beta).

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

C'mon guys, this is NOT that bad. I've seen worse and this looks just fine. Sure it's not the next big thing, but it's something.

Azikira

Azikira said:

Seeing as how PS All Stars came out, I will be just fine without another fighter

hydeks

hydeks said:

I rather the Knuckles' Chaotix or something to come than Sonic the Fighters, but at least the other two games are awesome :) Great prices at $5!

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@get2sammyb Sorry but honestly feel that way. PS All-Star is just a mess while Sonic the Fighters is at least playable.

@IAmNotWill The handful of people who enjoyed Sonic 06 have been locked in padded rooms for over five years now.

DHW

DHW said:

I played StF at an arcade when I was a kid and on GEMS collection later, and thought it was fine. I mean, I don't see anything WRONG with it. For a game back when 3D was pretty new, it was okay, and I'll probably buy this one if it has online multiplayer (plus extra characters). On another note, Sonic 2006 was horrid, but I enjoy glitching the hell out of it. It's fun for all the wrong reasons haha.