Ragnarok Odyssey Strikes North American Vitas on 30th October

The bigger they are, the harder they fall

Anticipated PlayStation Vita action RPG Ragnarok Odyssey will attack on 30th October in North America, publisher XSEED has announced. The game will be available for $39.99 from retail outlets and the PlayStation Store, but a $49.99 Mercenary Edition will also be made available. The latter will bundle a 96-page art book, a soundtrack CD, and 10 monster cards.

The title will be published by GungHo Online Entertainment America in Europe, but there’s currently no word on a release date. Let’s hope it isn’t too far behind.

IrishYort

IrishYort said:

Big news downundet @Sammy feel free to break it.

I have just noticed in a Big W catalogue (one of Australia's biggest retailers) that the Vita and Vita games have now been advertised.... Believe it or not just in time for the Christmas break.

Weather it is after the complete demise of GAME AUS or just Sony actually making things happen here, standard retailers are actually selling the Vita now.

If this doesnt make sense, for the 1st say 8 months of the Vita life in Aus, it was only retailing (to most people's disbelief) at a limited amount of stores dedicated to electronics and gaming. Which makes no sense.....AT ALL!!!

But suddenly they have struck a deal with major general retailers, far increasing the chance of success down here - Finally!!

hydeks

hydeks said:

will be definitely getting this for my vita! Game looks sweet, and kinda like Phantasy Star Online, which was an addiction to me back than :P

FluffyNinja

FluffyNinja said:

Awwww crap. Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation AND Ragnarok odyssey coming out at the same time? That's not good for my wallet. D:

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@IrishYort: Yeah, that is kind of weird...though not entirely unique. While you can find Vita at a variety of stores in the US, I noticed the other day that Toys R Us isn't bothering to carry it.

As for the game...got the Mercenary version reserved, and I'm looking forward to it! :D

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

Why do so many good games have to come out around the same time? Assassin's Creed, this, Persona, Pokemon. :(

hamispink

hamispink said:

October really is stacked with releases, and so many of them are ones that I want. I think it's pretty strange that, off the top of my head, the only games that I'm looking forward to in November are Persona 4 and All-stars. Though after December rolls by, it will pick up again as the first three months of 2013 are loaded with TONS of great games that avoided the holiday rush.

JavierYHL

JavierYHL said:

finally the rpgs are coming! persona 4 golden,this and little king story will keep me busy till tales of xillla!