PlayStation Plus Subscribers Score a Free Copy of NFL Blitz

Touch down

PlayStation Plus’ Instant Game Collection will be bolstered by the addition of NFL Blitz in North America this week, platform holder Sony has announced. The goofy arcade spin-off promises “an energetic, football gaming experience” that’s best played with friends. We suspect your appreciation of this update is going to hinge almost entirely on your interest in football.

Other perks this week include an 80% discount on Alex Kidd in Miracle World and a 50% discount on Spelunker HD. The latter’s DLC will be cut to just $1.00 per pack, too.

You can peruse the full PlayStation Plus update through here. Let us know if you’re satisfied in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Splat

Splat said:

I'm a huge football (NFL) fan so I will give it a try. I really liked NBA Jam so I'm sure I will enjoy Blitz.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I love this update. I love it when I'm given a game that will undoubtedly be pretty fun, but something I probably never would have bought. And I'll probably pick up both of the games on sale as well.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Sure, I'll try Alex Kidd for just a buck. Don't care in the slightest about football, though. Not sure about Spelunker...I've heard it's supposed to be really hard.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

I probably won't even bother putting Blitz on my download list. I really hope we end up getting Red Dead Redemption soon.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'ld rather have Hell Yeah than NFL Blitz but I'll give Blitz a try if we can actually play as bigfoot vs. robots. (I haven't seen any gameplay footage, only the trialer.)

On the hopefully brighter side the EU is getting RE5:GE and Bulletstorm, so maybe we can finally get Motorstorm:A and RDR.