Polish Promotion Points to Imminent PS3 Super Slim Reveal

See you in Tokyo

The heavily rumoured PlayStation 3 Super Slim will be officially unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show later this week, a Polish advertisement has all but confirmed. A promotion for the hardware refresh – which narrowly missed out on a GamesCom reveal last month – was spotted by TheSixthAxis on Polish website

The new system will supposedly ship in two guises: 12GB (which is less than the 16GB originally leaked) and 500GB. They’ll supposedly cost €199 and €299 respectively. We’d expect the former to dip below $199 in North America.

All eyes are on the Tokyo Game Show, then. Who’s excited?

From the web

ShogunRok said:

Interesting... a cheap 12GB model isn't a bad approach I suppose, especially for people not looking to download their games. I just wonder what it'll look like.

meischoice said:

I own a PS3 slim (120GB) and i'm having trouble with Hard Drive space.
I wonder how well(or not) the 12GB will sell...

@meischoice I think it's designed with families in mind. As long as it's easily upgradable, I don't think the limited space is a problem.

CrissCross87 said:

Well, unless they remove the ability to swap hard drives, I think this is a fantastic way for Sony to save money, However, the way game installs alone eat hard drive space, I could see this being very annoying for the casual clueless market and the retail staff that has to deal with them.

belmont said:

I have an early fat (but not ps2 compatible) ps3. If the 12GB super slim has upgradable hard drive (and costs 199 euros) I may get one and swap the drive with a 2.5 750GB drive I have around here somewhere!

Sakura_Moonlight2421 said:

.....a slimer PS3. >_> I think there are enough PS3s on the market already. Though the low prices would help people whom wanted one for a long time.