Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Trailer Is Delightfully Dramatic

Why throw away your life so recklessly?

If you haven’t played the demo for Activision’s upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, you should probably rectify that. We were big fans of previous outing War for Cybertron, but this takes everything to the next level. It marries the nostalgia of its predecessor with a much more compelling gameplay experience, brimming with set-pieces and beautiful visuals. We actually groaned when we came to the end of the demo, which is, well, a rare occurrence these days. Oh, and the launch trailer is pretty neat too. We've embedded that below.

lazyboyblue

lazyboyblue said:

I was so taken with the demo that I've been out and bought the first game. Great stuff.
Oh and, before i forget, this is my first post here, so hi everyone. Really nice site. Gaming pages out there are a scary place - nice to find somewhere friendly and all about the Playstation love.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Tuesday can not arrive fast enough for me. Loved WFC, love the demo for this game and the trailer for the G1 Retro Pack you get for pre-ordering just put my excitement over the top. I'll be getting the game for 360 though, just feel more comfortable playing that have a heavy emphasis on shooting with that controller if I have the choice.

Azikira

Azikira said:

You know, after playing the demo, my excitement for this game has dropped drastically... New control scheme, lack of double jumping? Yuck...

@Azikira Really? I think the gunplay and general controls are vastly superior to the original. War for Cybertron was a fine game — and a lovely piece of nostalgia — but it wasn't a great one. This looks like it might be.

Big_Gamer

Big_Gamer said:

I still dont get what the Dinobots are doing on Cybertron, hopefully thats explained in game.

irken004

irken004 said:

@Azikira The new adjustments do feel different, but after maxing out the EXP for my demo online characters, I feel these adjustments all work wonderfully :o except maybe the lack of barrel-rolling as a jet.

Azikira

Azikira said:

@ SammyB & irken004: I just feel the new control scheme is too... I don't want to say simplified, but... It just doesn't feel right to me. It actually gives me a "Army of Two: The 40th Day" feel, and that is extremely off-putting...