ToeJam & Earl Is Almost Certainly Jammin' onto PS3

Don't take a vacation

Achievements for SEGA’s spunky 16-bit adventure ToeJam & Earl have casually strutted online, pointing to the Rogue-like’s imminent arrival on digital platforms. The trinkets follow a slew of rumours pegging the extraterrestrial escapade for PS3 release.

The publisher's keeping its plans zipped for now, but expect an official announcement soon. Are you excited by the prospect of playing ToeJam & Earl all over again?

[via xbox360achievements.org]

Splat

Splat said:

I don't think this game has aged well to be honest. I did like it back in the day though.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I love retro games, especially ones I played when I was younger. Insta-purchase.

hydeks

hydeks said:

@Splat I agree, this probably isn't a game that has aged well, though it was fun.

I'ld like Sega to do alil bit of fan service and make Streets of Rage 4 happen, but on PSN and XBLA. Would also be great to see a TRUE Golden Axe game again too (hmm, Golden Axe 4, seems Sega hates making a 4th game :P)

Splat

Splat said:

@hydeks - Ya, Streets of Rage getting some love would be sweet. I'm hoping Double Dragon Neon doesn't suck. I used to love beat em up games back in the day.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Explain to me how an ACHIEVEMENT list is proof positive of a PSN release. Because, y'know, a game has totally NEVER released on XBLA and skipped PSN before, right? :P

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@get2sammyb: Not in the least, no. Those rumors have been circulating for YEARS now, so it's just too random to bother. Anyway, I never once said I expect the game to hit XBLA and not PSN...I simply pointed out that the available information has no logical bearing on a potential PSN release, which is true.

That said, the "Vintage Collection" has thus far been multiplatform, so if ToeJam & Earl are on it, it SHOULD come to both XBLA and PSN. I'll be interested to see how that bizarre combined Achievement list translates to Trophies, though.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

This is one of those I always wanted to play back in the day so I hope it does get a psn release.

odd69

odd69 said:

, ill rebuy it on ps3, i got them from wiiware. But yea id buy this day one LOVE toejam and earl!!!