First Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Trailer Fires Online

Burning skies

Sony pulled a cheeky move during its GamesCom 2012 press conference earlier today, temporarily glossing over Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified before closing the show with an explosive debut trailer.

Developed by Nihilistic Software – the studio behind Resistance: Burning Skies – the shooter promises to bridge the gap between the original Call of Duty: Black Ops and its upcoming sequel. “One of Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified’s compelling features is the fact that you can take the established gameplay everyone knows and loves and bring it to the PS Vita,” explained producer Neven Dravinski.

The game will boast a handful of eight-player multiplayer modes, including Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed and Drop Zone. It’ll also take advantage of a number of system exclusive features such as touch-screen controls and Near compatibility.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is set to release later this year on PlayStation Vita. Check out the brand new trailer below for a glimpse of the spin-off in action.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

Just looked up the dev behind this game and the info I found is not good. They really do not have a good track record. This game looks lame from the trailer and will most likely suck. Killzone Vita will be way better than this.

JavierYHL

JavierYHL said:

why why activision let nihilistic developed COD...this company should quit game development asap,they can make a COD look so bad...dun they know vita life depend on it?

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I saw the video earlier on the PlayStation Blog and I can see why they were reluctant to show it off at E3. I'm sorry but those graphics are extremely bad. This does not represent what the PS Vita is capable of. Shame because I was considering getting this but not anymore. I'd rather put my money towards the PS3 version instead.

Yeah, it's very disappointing. It could still be a good game, I suppose — but Resistance: Burning Skies doesn't instil much confidence.

Mandoble

Mandoble said:

That COD looks really really bad, and the gameplay in the video is anything but interesting. It might happen that Nihilistic Software is one of the very few options Sony actually has for third party support.

I think the idea to go with short missions — like Unit 13 — is a good one. It definitely has that in its favour.

@JavierYHL Activision is the publisher so, yes, I presume they did. However, Sony is probably more involved in this title than most other third-party games.

JavierYHL

JavierYHL said:

omg to think sony and activision give the go ahead for nihilistic to developed COD...they want the vita to RIP faster...

DM666

DM666 said:

I quite liked roads to victory...(that was the psp one wasn't it?)

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I enjoyed Resistance: Burning Skies more than most but there's no question it's an average shooter at best and from the looks of it, this will suffer the same fate. Poor choice by Activision but can't say I'm surprised either. This could've been a big one for Sony.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Ehhh... I was far more impressed with the whole 5 seconds of Killzone Vita gameplay we got.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@get2sammyb "The game's still going to sell by the bucket load. It's Call of Duty!"

Call of Duty fans might be keen to play one game a year, but they don't buy everything with "Call of Duty" written on the box. We've seen these games on Wii and DS, which were all under-performing, yet decent games, but they didn't sell by the bucket loads. Judging by the reactions on N4G from fans who were obviously looking forward to this, they're not one bit happy with what they've seen.

If Sony screws this one up, Call of Duty on Vita could actually turn gamers away from the system permanently.

moomoo

moomoo said:

This looks really poor. If the gameplay is anything like the trailer, it will not be like COD. There's no quickness to it, no fluidity. I'm fine with it looking crappy if the FPS are up to the task, but that doesn't look to good either. One could say, "it's not a console, it's not going to have the same kind of perfomance" but then look at Killzone Mercenaries. Yeah, suddenly this looks a lot crappier. And considering this is a few months out, whereas Killzone doesn't even have a date...
Considering this is the state it's in and the developer on it, Sony probably doesn't care about its quality. They just want the name to sell systems, but I really don't know if this is what people want.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

The playability of a game is more important than the sexiness of it. So let's wait for some reviews before we bury this. After all, there has never been even a decent CoD on a handheld.

Too bad this is coming out so soon after Resistance that Nihilistic really doesn't have time to learn from its mistakes

The3DSisMINE

The3DSisMINE said:

I'm not very impressed with this trailer, the Vita is more powerful then this. I . . . am . . . Disappointed.

@Slapshot I agree with what you're saying, but let's be fair: this game might not look as good as we hoped, but it's still miles ahead of those DS games.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I actually thought the trailer looked good, but it's hard to argue against Nihilistics VERY TERRIBLE history so far. I think they should have gave the game to another company to do.