Rumour: PlayStation All-Stars Characters and Stages Leak

Uh oh

This is why we can’t have nice things. Just days after an elite group of players got invited into a private online beta for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, the code has been blown apart – potentially plunging SuperBot Entertainment’s carefully concocted PR plans into disarray.

Reddit user 696Ly kicked off the leak, posting a batch of images featuring character portraits and individual stages.

The character images show 12 fighters, four of which have already been announced: Heihachi, Toro, Jak and Cole. The remaining eight, however, have yet to be officially associated with the project. Fighters include Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance), Dante (DmC), Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank), Spike (Ape Escape), Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil), Nariko (Heavenly Sword), and Evil Cole (inFamous). That would, of course, make the previous inFamous announcement, Good Cole.

It’s worth noting that all of the character artwork currently exists elsewhere, making it a fairly easy thing to spoof. In addition, the image is missing a handful of confirmed characters, meaning the roster could be significantly larger than what’s teased here.

But while the character artwork should be approached with caution, the accompanying stage images look much more legitimate. Levels include Columbia from BioShock Infinite and Black Rock Stadium from Twisted Metal. The images are apparently icons from the fighter’s stage select screen.

Elsewhere, NeoGAF’s also managed to get its hands on a full list of “minions”. These are non-playable supporting characters, and include the likes of Kat (Gravity Rush), Sully (Uncharted) and Dollface (Twisted Metal).

Of course, there’s still a chance that this could be an elaborate hoax. The quality of the stage renders certainly lend credence to the rumour, but until SuperBot Entertainment confirms otherwise, take all of this information with a pinch of salt.

Real or not, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Would you be happy if this leak turned out to be authentic, or do you think the game is still missing some key content?

[via neogaf.com, reddit.com]

Related Games

I'm not so sure about the characters, but the stages look 99% certain to me. Love the Columbia and Stowaways levels. Still concerned about the lack of Crash Bandicoot... Also: no Final Fantasy character in this leak.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

My thoughts? Still seems to be a boring SSB-like fighter. And while SSB at least had some characters I liked to hold my interest, this... doesn't. Call me if FF characters are announced/leaked though.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

I don't like how people disrespect the confidentiality rights in these Closed Betas. Thankfully, those of us playing DUST 514 have done so, and not leaked anything to the press.

glide445

glide445 said:

Ok, let me just say, the character list is likely faked. I say this simply because every fighting game roster leak I have seen that used stock pictures, or are obscured by text is done in order to hide the lack of matching quality. This one is done in such an overkill fashion that you cant compare it to any revealed characters, likely because it is hiding that it is stock pictures. Even if it were real, different sources from superbot has promised 20+ characters, and most pinned the roster at 24 characters, meaning crash, spyro, wander, and a FF rep could still be hidden in there somewhere.

The stages are 100% real, though. They are clear, match the artwork, and look absolutely amazing. I am excited to see what the second part to these stages will be, and I cant wait to play the Loco-roco stage.

glide445

glide445 said:

and honestly, having the stages leaked wont hurt the game. Hell when UMvC3's roster was leaked, it actually added to the hype. Sony just needs to get in front of this, instead of denying constantly.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

If it's real...well, Raiden and Dante are both in it...which means I may have to get this game after all! Damn!

Oh, and a Sully Assist Tro- er, I mean, 'minion', sounds friggin' epic.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

@get2sammyb Maybe if The Boss was in there... Then I would buy it for sure n_n Or at least Naked Snake. His son is way less awesome. Besides that and FF... Yeah, I don't like many sony first-party characters.

Supereor

Supereor said:

Being the ultimate LBP fanboy that I am, is Sackboy going to be in it? And if he is,
I bet he'll have Popit, Grabinator, Grapple-inator and Paintball Gun attacks XD

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

I heard somewhere that there's supposed to be at least one rpg character.

While I'm hoping for cloud or sora, how trollish would it be if Noctis was a playable character? ;)

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

This game really shows Sony's weak hand. Look at all the third-party characters they have to bring in to fill out their roster. Once again an allstars extravaganza game has shown us the way. Neither Nintendo or SEGA have to do this. Obviously look at Smash Bros, but for SEGA look at Sega's Allstars Racing, no third-party help needed.
It reminds me of that Konami fighting game released years ago, remember that? That's right, nobody does, and it's because Konami's IP's are too weak to sustain an "allstars" game by themselves, and it's the same case with Sony.

Then again, they did call it "Playstation" allstars rather then "Sony" allstars, so I guess they kept it a bit vague on purpose.

Chuie

Chuie said:

wheres cloud and asbel if they put lightning i wont even play as her cause i dont like lightning but tidus be awsome cloud tifa zidane asbel sophie hubert richerd awsome

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@ThreadShadow: Umm...you DO know they're putting Wreck-It Ralph and a NASCAR driver in the new All-Stars Racing game, right? And Brawl had two third-party characters...I mean yeah, it's not as bad as this game, but they're not pure themselves anyway. :P

@Article: Of course the existing Cole announcement was for good Cole...hence the ice powers. Looks like somebody didn't play much InFamous 2. ;)