Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is one of PS3's must-have, gold-standard titles, but that doesn't mean that developer Naughty Dog isn't still striving to improve it and give us even more to enjoy. The studio's Eric Monacelli has posted a new blog post promising that the update will offer major improvements to the title, and it certainly sounds like more than a simple fix.
Apparently the patch will include a 'new system', more DLC and a large number of gameplay fixes. There'll also be multiple blog posts explaining the contents of the patch, and the first has outlined important gameplay fixes; details below.
- Increased recoil has been added to the G-MAL
- Deathmatch will now appear in round 5 instead of round 3 in Team Objective game modes
- Quitting out of Co-op will no longer count as a Competitive loss when signing-out/disconnecting
- Lab games no longer count towards the Leaderboard
- Death from Above medal now requires the player to be at least 2 meters off the ground
- Players can earn more than 1 “Here, Hold This Medal” in a match
- A collection of trophies have been added for each DLC pack available
- The TAU Sniper Pistol has been tuned so the rate of fire is up 30% and its starting ammo is now 8 not 12
- The M9 blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 10% efficiency
- Cloaked level 3 is now immune to the effects of Disruption (it wasn’t working properly so we fixed it)
To build the hype the studio has also released remixed music from the multiplayer component, which you can download for free.
Are you excited about a 'Godzilla' sized update for Uncharted 3?