Retro City Rampage Embraces "Buy One Get Both" Model

Hip hip hooray

You’ll no longer have to make an agonising decision over which platform to purchase the upcoming Retro City Rampage for, as the game will take advantage of Sony’s “buy one get both” deal. That means, regardless of which system you snap up the 8-bit adventure for, you’ll be able to experience it on both PS3 and Vita.

In addition, the game will take advantage of cross-save and cross-play functionality. Feel free to voice your glee in the comments below.

[via indiegames.com, thesixthaxis.com]

Related Games

This is great news. I really didn't know which system to buy it for, and now I don't have to choose!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Was hoping for a WiiWare release, but now that I own a PS3, good to know I have that as an option too.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

Cool now I can get it for both my PS3 and Vita instead of having to choose on or the other, now the next news I read about Retro City Rampage better be a release date and soon.

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

I pray more companies choose this route for future PSN games. Could have worked great with Plants vs. Zombies.

odd69

odd69 said:

I am buying the ps3 version! Since i heard about it coming to ps3 i think i made my mind up, even though i was excited about it coming to wiiware. The PSN release is now officially the best choice :)

CommanderAudio

CommanderAudio said:

So I assume this is the hub to get all excited about RCR, only to have our hopes dashed as the game gets cancelled because IT'S TAKING SO FLIPPING LONG!?!?!?!?!?

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Great decision...shows a value for the software more as the game itself, rather than the programming that went into making it run on one machine or another. Hope to see much more of this in the future.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

very cool, I was planning to get this on the Vita definitely but this will be a nice bonus.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Great news. Another game to the long list of games I'm getting for Sony's systems because of some kind of PS3-Vita cross platform options.