DOOM 3: BFG Edition Invades Store Shelves on 16th October

Hell on Earth

Bethesda’s clearly not worried about getting gobbled up by Resident Evil 6 and Assassin’s Creed III, as it’s announced a 16th October release date for the DOOM 3: BFG Edition in North America. Those of you in Europe will get an additional three days to prepare for the apocalypse, with the HD re-master scheduled to release on 19th October overseas.

For those not up to date, the DOOM 3: BFG Edition bundles the original PC and Xbox title with all of its DLC. If that’s not enough – you’ll also land playable versions of DOOM and DOOM 2. The celebration of space marines and ugly blobs will set you back $39.99. Sadly, there’s no sign of Dwayne Johnson.

Azikira

Azikira said:

@symon12345: Oh my god, if there is I will SOOOO get that version. Maybe they will even update the classic titles to have online play like a certain other network did. That would make it worth purchasing in my eyes.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

I love Doom and the 3D support is going to be epic! Anyone know if there will be, as Azikiria noted, network support? Ive heard they'll be using the remastered XBLA versions of Doom 1&2 which had online co-op n versus and Doom3 also had the same. I haven't heard if the online portion of each title will be on this collection so if anyone has could they shed some light please? lol Id still get this collection even if it had no network options

cyphid

cyphid said:

It's releasing on my birthday month; awesome! I really wanted to have a pc powerful enough to play doom 3 when it first released so long ago. Then I missed the game on the xbox. I really wish I didn't miss it out on it, twice. Now its third times a charm?

Azikira

Azikira said:

@MadchesterManc: Nice Spacewolves icon!

I'm sure the multiplayer function for Doom 3 will still be intact, but I sincerely hope DOOM 1 & 2 will have network multiplayer so I can play with my old DOOM buddies~

rjejr

rjejr said:

Wow, hard to believe that was once the pinnacle of PC games graphically. Just watched the announce video and it looked barely better than a Wii game.
On the bright side, anybody moving up to a Wii U from a Wii who skipped PS3/Xbox360 is in for a wonderful time. Though if you did and you're reading this - buy a PS3 before you get a Wii U, you have a lot of catching up to do.