Skyrim's Dawnguard Expansion Goes Dark

Trailer inside

We’re pretty sure the flow of epic announcements isn’t going to stop until next week now. Bethesda’s the latest publisher to join the pre-E3 party, releasing the first trailer for Skyrim’s upcoming Dawnguard expansion pack.

There’s all manner of goodness in the trailer, including a monologue that’s certain to get your blood pumping. Sadly Microsoft’s got timed exclusivity on this one, meaning the expansion isn’t coming to PS3 any time soon.

Back to those Thieves Guild quests for us.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Very nice, looks like it will include some big player decisions that affect the rest of the game world. The downside to this? Just shows how pitiful timed exclusive content is.

odd69

odd69 said:

Once again ps3'ers get screwed with this timed exclusive bulls--t, but im still oh so busy with skyrim. This does not bother me to much.

I agree that timed exclusive is frustrating. It's almost like paying to keep content off another platform.

But if the contract's only for like a month or so, then it's not really going to be a big deal.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@craigun It's supposed to be exclusive to Xbox 360 for one month before releasing on PC and PS3.

It's a crappy situation, but like others have said, Skyrim is a gigantic game. Plenty of content to keep you playing until the DLC finally comes.

rjejr

rjejr said:

1 month seems like such a short amount of time I don't see why they even bother paying for it. Easy to see why they'ld take the money though.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Still playing Skyrim (been playing nothing else for about 2 months straight now). Still haven't completed the main story line, but I am getting close (keep getting side tracked). Have realised than once I have finished the main storyline I will be close to platinum by accident. So I may be picking up my first ever platinum on Skyrim, which would be crazy.

i.e The DLC looks awesome but I can wait.