Rumour: Dragon Ball Z HD Collection on the Way

Burst

In completely unexpected news, it looks like Namco Bandai is readying a Dragon Ball Z HD Collection for PlayStation 3. The news comes courtesy of Spanish retailer Xtra Life, who has a track record for correctly leaking HD collections.

Details are scarce, but the listing does include a 12th October release date for the compilation. Excluding Tekken Hybrid, this would be Namco Bandai’s first foray into the lucrative HD re-release market. Could we see similar collections released for Ace Combat and Soul Calibur in the future?

[via neogaf.com, thesixthaxis.com]

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I almost crapped myself when I saw this. Then I saw Budokai TENKAICHI. Worthless series compared to the normal Budokai games, especially Budokai 3 on PS2. Easily the best DBZ game ever made.

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

I bought Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the Wii enjoyed it. Don't know about the other two though. I would have preferred it to be the Budokai collection as I enjoyed the first two Budokai games on Gamecube. Might buy this if it looks intresting enough.

3Above

3Above said:

SUPER EXCITED about this!!!! True the first 3 budokai games were better than the Tenkaichi games but Burst Limit Raging Blast 1 and 2 and Ultimate tenkaichi sucked in comparison to the ps2 games. Tenkaichi 2 with trophies? YES PLEASE

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

Just realized this is a Tenkaichi bundle. 2 and 3 were good but 1 was and still is awful.

yamipuff

yamipuff said:

Dragon Ball Z is an outstanding anime series, no second thought to that! However, this particular series of Dragon Ball Z games were not the greatest. When you had the choice between a Wii version or a PS2 version, I think the choice is easy... Wii. Just not a good game for the gaming series.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

How do they even do an HD collection of essentially the same three games? The third game has everything the first two had, plus more. If this is what the collection actually contains, then it just seems like a complete waste.

DraculaX

DraculaX said:

Budokai Tenkaichi 2 was easily one of the most broken fighting games there is. However, it was really fun and I'll be sure to pick this up if it does come out.

Dorkvader

Dorkvader said:

I really would love it if they made Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2D HD Collection not the 3D Budokai Tenkaichi, Or just include them all . And I would love A Soul Calibur HD Collection