Dawnguard Storms Skyrim Later This Year

Content expansion on the way

In an unexpected statement that would rival even the stealthiest of Rockstar reveals, Bethesda has announced that the first expansion pack for the brilliant The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim will be called Dawnguard. More details are expected to be shared at this year’s E3, with a summer release date hinted.

Bethesda's keeping quiet about what the content will entail, but there's nothing stopping you from speculating in the comments. We’re hoping for more dragons. Lots more dragons.

[via bethblog.com]

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

I might even be done with the original by then...hmm...then again maybe not.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

It sucks that PS3 owners have to wait a month to get this DLC while Xbox 360 owners get it earlier but I still have plenty of things to do in Skyrim so I don't really mind too much. Anyway, this month is all about Demon's Souls for me before the servers shut down for good. :(

Dynetheous

Dynetheous said:

i havent played skyrim in awhile, looking forward to this. Ill be making a new save file, snow elves with cross bow :3

dgwdum

dgwdum said:

i havent played skyrim on the ps3 but to my knowledge it was supposed to run like crap. was this true? have there been updates and stuff? i would really appreciate some info since i really want to give skyrim a try

Noire

Noire said:

Maybe it's a giant questline where the Dragonborn gets Dragon Pinkeye and has to scour all of Morrowind for Dragon Eyedrops except they're made from Snow Elf tears but you can't find any in Morrowind or Skyrim or Cyrodil or High Rock or maybe even the Black Marsh so he has to fight his way through Dagon's sphere of influence so he can get his damn Dragon Eyedrops. And random Mythic Dawn people are guarding them?

And there are crossbows. Because.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Lovely work @Swiket.

I'm still yet to finish my first playthrough of Skyrim, but I think might be time to pick it back up sometime soon.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

@Phoenixborn - I am playing it now with all of the latest patches and so far it is fine. I believe all of the worst issues have already been resovled. I have seen a few glitches, but nothing game breaking.

Personally I had a lot more issues with Arkham City where I kept on getting corrupted game data. Had to delete it, reinstall, re-download all DLC and replay DLC episodes at least 3/4 times. Drove me insane, especially having to replay the same DLC again and again. Do far Skyrim hasn't done anything like that to me.

I have been warned that after about 200 hours of game play the cracks really start to show. Not sure that I will spend that much time on it, but it is the sort of game where I certainly could. Only time will tell.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@dgwdum

Like Ginkgo said, if you started the game now with the latest patch it should run better than ever.

Saying that, does anyone remember Fallout 3? Ran quite well... until the DLC came out and broke the games memory all to hell. Let's hope this doesn't happen with Skyrim.