CCP Opens Beta Registrations for DUST 514

Can you Adam and Eve it?

CCP Games has kicked off the beta registration process for its upcoming PS3 exclusive DUST 514. The title – which ambitiously ties into PC MMO Eve Online – is set to get a free PSN release this summer, but the developer needs help finalising its code.

Eve Online members will be given first priority, followed by attendees of CCP’s recent fanfest event. The rest of you will be able to register your interest via the game’s official website. It’s worth noting that registration won't guarantee access, and spots will be limited. CCP is promising to share more details about the beta process at this year’s E3.

[via secure.dust514.com]

Splat

Splat said:

Thanks for the heads up. I feel like I have been waiting for this game forever...

@Splat Yeah, I can't see it hitting that summer release window. I expect they'll announce a more specific date at E3.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

This game looks like it will be great, but I still don't understand how it and the existing EveOnline MMO fit together. From what I can see it is not just a PS3 version of EveOnline, but a completely new/different game. Yet it somehow connects with the EveOnline universe. I am still not clear on how it will all work. Don't know if anyone can explain.

Gunhead

Gunhead said:

In Eve Online everything takes place in space but you can harvest and refine certain materials from planet surface by installing extractors and factories.Final products are then launched into orbit where they are collected from an orbital station.
Apparently all the pvp taking place in this PS3 game revolves around controlling these extractors and factories. How exactly controlling some valuables on the planet surface can deny or give access to resources for Eve players, it is still anybody's guess.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

@Gunhead Thanks that's helpful. I still have questions, but will probably have to wait until the game is release to find out more. Cheers.