Sony Reveals PSN Gamers' Choice Nominees

Quest for the best

Sony's revealed the nominees for the second annual PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards. Like last year, you’ll be able to vote for your favourites via the PlayStation Network, with an XMB theme available for each title you select.

The winning game in each category will secure a 30% discount on the PlayStation Store (50% if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber), as well as the satisfaction of being judged amongst the best on PSN by fans.

The nominees are:

Best PSN Exclusive:
Infamous: Festival of Blood (PS3)
PixelJunk Shooter 2 (PS3)
Tetris (PS3)

Best PSN Game:
Infamous: Festival of Blood (PS3)
Plants vs. Zombies (PS3)
Resident Evil 4 (PS3)

Best PSN Game Playable Online:
Hard Corps: Uprising (PS3)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition (PS3)
Tetris (PS3)

Best PS3 Full Game:
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)
Assassin’s Creed II: Deluxe Edition (PS3)
Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (PS3)

Best PlayStation Move Game:
4Elements HD (PS3)
Dungeon Defenders (PS3)
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (PS3)

Best 3D Game:
Dungeon Defenders (PS3)
God of War: Origins Collection (PS3)
The Sly Collection (PS3)

Best PSone Classic:
Chrono Trigger (PS3/PSP)
Parasite Eve (PS3/PSP)
Xenogears (PS3/PSP)

Best Mini Game:
Angry Birds (PS3/PSP)
The Impossible Game (PS3/PSP)
Pac-Man Championship Edition (PS3/PSP)

Best PSP Game:
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy (PSP)
Dissidia 012 Prologus Final Fantasy (PSP)
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

PlayStation Community Award – Best Indie:
Dungeon Defenders (PS3)
Limbo (PS3)
PixelJunk Shooter 2 (PS3)

What are you voting for?

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

now I am torn. Am I supposed to vote for the game I think is the best or the one I haven't bought yet and would enjoy a discount for?

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

@Squiggle: The latter. A game that you like winning means nothing except the discount that comes with it, and if you already own it then voting would be pointless.

These are some crappy nominations anyway.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

well I will definitely be voting for chrono trigger, duodecim, and god of war, because those are games I haven't bought yet and may be tempted to with a discount. Otherwise I'll be voting for dungeon defenders in several categories and plants vs zombies because of their quality.

Splat

Splat said:

I want to get Infamous: Festival of Blood but would like to get Infamous 2 first.

Yankeejer

Yankeejer said:

So when can we vote? I checked on the PS Store and can't find anything there. Want to make sure Tactics Ogre gets my love.

Azikira

Azikira said:

Prologus is a joke, I don't even know why they added it on here.

But I'd definitely vote for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, RE4 (even though I already have it), and Pixeljunk Shooter 2. The rest of the games... Are meh...

pikku

pikku said:

Pixeljunk Shooter 2, Tactics Ogre, Pac-man Championship Edition, and InFamous: FoB all are getting my votes :*

Metroid133

Metroid133 said:

Prologus AND [duodecim] up there? The first is more of a fancy demo imo, and I would have loved to see FFIV take its place. Oh well might as well vote for [duodecim] so that I can get it for cheap when I get a Vita in March/April. I enjoyed the first Dissidia from what I've played.

odd69

odd69 said:

Festival for blood is the few psn games i dont have, will vote on it for sure. This year is meh i agree.

Noire

Noire said:

Gamers' Choice? More like Lamers' Choice amirite?

but no seriously having prologus on the same list as the full game is a ridiculous joke